Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
We have not, but we are having an event on Wednesday with lots of CTs so we can try it then and get pictures of the differences.
Sponsored

MynameisKhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
We have not, but we are having an event on Wednesday with lots of CTs so we can try it then and get pictures of the differences.
What's the event? Where is it? I'm very open to get this coating but I don't trust my skills to do it myself..

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
They must have learned something from this event or from YouTubers using their product. Today I noticed their kit price increased by 66.6% per Oz.
I am not seeing an increase. Where did you see it? The kit for the CT is $249.95, it was $299.95.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 9.56.59 AM.png

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
They must have learned something from this event or from YouTubers using their product. Today I noticed their kit price increased by 66.6% per Oz.
Oh, I see what they did. They made the kit $50 cheaper but removed half of the coating. They must think now that you only need one quart to do the truck. My kit was $300 but came with 2 quarts.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I am not seeing an increase. Where did you see it? The kit for the CT is $249.95, it was $299.95.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 9.56.59 AM.png
One quart of protectaclear is $90, so this is where he's saying the increase is from. Yes the overall kit is cheaper, but not $90 cheaper to make up for the missing quart of coating.

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Looks like Donnyb still sees the original price. 2 quarts could be split with a 2 other friends doing 3 total Cybertrucks. Gloves, Pads and cloth are cheap buy elsewhere. It's the actual coating that's valuable.

They are now optimizing sales and profit so good for them. Lowering by $50 could attract more buyers as well who doesn't have anyone to split the kit with. Would be perfect if they lowered the price to $200 for a Black Friday sale. By then more people will have their CT too.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Chiming in on the kit changes.

After 100 kits worth of feedback, we learned a lot! Our Cybertruck Specialty Kits work amazingly well to protect your Cybertruck but the ratios of product are off. So we are making appropriate changes to the kit to include EVERYTHING you need to protect your Cybertruck without the extra coating. Below are the changes we have made effective immediately to our kits.

-Reduce the amount of ProtectaClear from 2 quarts to one.
-Add one pint of 99% isopropyl alcohol for solvent wipe step
-increase number of specialty applicators (we are still testing alternatives and will include the best ones we find that offer superior finish)

We reduced the price to reflect these changes, as some items were added and others were removed. We want to be sure we are offering the highest quality products at the best value for you.

Adding the isopropyl alcohol means that the kits must be shipped by ground, but we have a code just for this forum for free economy ground shipping Cybertruck2024.
Sponsored