Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There goes my tea time. Thanks a lot for my new Sugar Cube Phobia.

Even if every moment was written in advance and there was a needle of time going from one to the next for us to perceive time, how would that needle “move” from one frame to the next? If number of events approach infinity, so does the number of needle movements. The needle still need ”time“ to get from one frame to the next even if it is only in our mind.

Don’t want to open the free will can of worms since I don’t believe we are free (have the option) not to believe in it. If you have a sense of pride or regret, no matter what your argument, you believe in free will.

How does that make it less real?

Now that explains “a month or so”

You my friend may have finally found the only way for us to get our CTs. Now if you don’t mind sharing the contact info for your dealer?
Perception as reality? Only possible until they try to share the same time slice, ..I think?
When does a reservation for a Cybertruck - Robotaxi become an order?
How many Cybertruck-Robotaxi reservations become another month of my waiting in line?
So many questions….
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I think there are investors who will simply never align with Tesla. Wealthy individuals who have a vested interest in retaining the status quo. Wouldn’t surprise me of that is where Gordon sources his client base. Nothing else makes sense.
I agree but that doesn't answer my question. What evidence do you have that GLJ Research has any clients?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably the biggest thing is launch windows. Musk will often promise the product will be ready “By the end of the year”, “In two weeks”, “EOY 2021”, etc etc.

Much of the industry is a lot more conservative about making these sort of announcements. Ford for example will likely hit their predicted production start date with the F150.

The other one is Full Self Driving, he’s over-promised on FSD for years. Both in terms of what features it would have and in terms of when it would be launched.

Anyhow. None of this is to disparage. I think one way or the other, Tesla has gotten a lot better about hitting deadlines and I suspect most people have just learned to take what he says with the understanding that his (self-imposed) deadlines and comments about future products have some uncertainty built in. And FSD… well it’ll get there eventually.
I'm not saying Elon doesn't over-promise, often timelines don't go as fast as he would have liked, but I was more addressing the way he uses language. Most of the time these things are not stated as facts but as estimations. So I was looking for examples where he clearly stated opinion as fact.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I agree but that doesn't answer my question. What evidence do you have that GLJ Research has any clients?
Lmao

I’m guessing he has to have a source of income. If you look at his performance pre-Tesla it was actually pretty good which suggests this is all a sham to serve some end.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lmao

I’m guessing he has to have a source of income. If you look at his performance pre-Tesla it was actually pretty good which suggests this is all a sham to serve some end.
I imagine the same entity that pays CNBC for Gordy to get airtime also pays him to use that airtime. CNBC should disclose who is paying for airtime but I don't think they do. Things aren't always as they appear.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a market for Tesla news. It's a pittance, but experts are often paid to be on the air.

-Crissa
Yes, and not by CNBC, at least not for Gordy.

CNBC is dumb but not completely stupid.
Sponsored

Last edited: