First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I know they need space for that engine,
It is not always that. Ridgeline just had a nose job (enlargement), just to make it manly enough for the insecure. Everything under the hood is the same. There is an unwritten truck design code to make everything look larger to support the size of potential buyer's ego (especially in the absence of other supporting documents).
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
How about actually seeing the pavement in front of the hood? That seems a decent enough reason not to choose it.

-Crissa
LOL. I'm looking for dirt tracks and mountain trails to be in front of my CT hood. Don't care so much about seeing the pavement.

Not interested in the TRX either way.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I live this reality in my F350 every day. A mini cooper can be sitting in front of me and if it's too close I can't even tell it's there.
If it's that close, it's about to NOT be there. Did someone feel a bump? This highway needs some fixing.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ridgeline just had a nose job (enlargement), just to make it manly enough for the insecure. Everything under the hood is the same. There is an unwritten truck design code to make everything look larger to support the size of potential buyer's ego (especially in the absence of other supporting documents).
Interestingly, the CT has open space for storage under the hood. Yet it's the "manliest" vehicle around in my eyes. Personally, a CT being driven by a woman would be totally awesome in my mind though so maybe my definition of manly is a bit different than that of the typical truck driver.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Interestingly, the CT has open space for storage under the hood. Yet it's the "manliest" vehicle around in my eyes. Personally, a CT being driven by a woman would be totally awesome in my mind though so maybe my definition of manly is a bit different than that of the typical truck driver.
I just Googled “manly man truck” and CT showed up in 12th row under images so you may be on to something. I am sure it’s ranking will improve once we start posting selfies with ours :)

Ladies driving any truck or stick shift is mighty sexy in general.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Is there a video of any testing? All I see is a parked truck. For all we know it's the dude's truck who was stretching out in this flyover footage.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
LOL. I'm looking for dirt tracks and mountain trails to be in front of my CT hood.
All the more reason to not want a monstrous hood!

-Crissa

I failed Driver's Ed because I never drove automatic an no one told me it started moving the moment it was in gear. Which scared the instructor. But it was his fault, I asked what differences there were and he said there wasn't anything special to do... 'Keep your foot on the brake and don't trust the parking brake' should have been mentioned, at least.

I have only owned one automatic. A '73 Chevy Nova.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is there a video of any testing? I see a parked truck. For we know it's dude's truck who was stretching out in this flyover footage.
Sadly my thoughts as well, but we can dream right? What else are we doing?

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't think it will happen but I would also like to see a Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and/or Ford F-350 Diesel in the mix for benchmark testing.
Forgot this: Spec's on the Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and Ford F-350 6.7 Power Stroke (other than Diesel engines).

1) 2x4 and 4x4 versions.
2) 3.73 differential gear ratio
3) Aisin 6-speed Automatic transmission for the Dodge Ram and TorqShift 10-speed Automatic transmission for the F-350
4) Single Cab and SRW

Should be fair enough for benchmarking, right?

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes you are right. Thing is with the CT spec's it will blow these trucks out of the water.

The CT can compete spec-wise(except towing capacity which is limited due to no 5th wheel application) with the big diesels.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
This is a great scoop!

To use the TRX as a benchmark is great indicator of what the production CT will offer for performance.

As far as towing, the CT is not on par with a dual rear wheel 3500. With diesel engines, 10 speed transmissions, and 50+ gallons of fuel, the CT cannot compete. Most importantly, the CT isn't going after that segment of the market.

Someone mentioned the thought of a Heavy Duty CT. Like a Ford 550 or 650 type truck. That would be cool, but years and years away, if ever.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
A wide hood, sure, but a tall one? You could hide a full-grown adult in front of it.

I know they need space for that engine, but I've had a truck like this take a mirror off my car because he decided he didn't have to check his corners when merging.

-Crissa
Yeah, that's just a bad driver. I am agreeing though, they do create a big blind spot, and I think the CT will be light years better.
Sponsored