Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Wondering if someone might have some ideas regarding Tesla being on the hook for range extender orders in the future. The problem - if I get the truck, and no RE is ever executed, the vehicle will not meet my needs. Even worse - if they don't deliver on REs and instead offer a longer range battery, my truck will have plummeted in value.

So - I'm waiting on a VIN, but a bit anxious that Tesla may not deliver on the RE... A very high $$ impact if they fail to do so.

Any thoughts re: Tesla's obligation to deliver / what recourse I might have in the future - given that they've set an expectation around future range capabilities?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Wondering if someone might have some ideas regarding Tesla being on the hook for range extender orders in the future. The problem - if I get the truck, and no RE is ever executed, the vehicle will not meet my needs. Even worse - if they don't deliver on REs and instead offer a longer range battery, my truck will have plummeted in value.

So - I'm waiting on a VIN, but a bit anxious that Tesla may not deliver on the RE... A very high $$ impact if they fail to do so.

Any thoughts re: Tesla's obligation to deliver / what recourse I might have in the future - given that they've set an expectation around future range capabilities?

Thanks!
Don't trust anything Tesla says or does. It has a track record of inconsistency.

Agassi

First Name
Goutham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon is committed to ensuring the RE is accessible; this is a crucial step for making the Cybertruck an appealing choice for dedicated truck enthusiasts.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Nope no hook. Tesla can just give one the deposit back. They might also say thanks for being part of innovation or something like that.

Tesla is under no obligation to fit a buyer's use case.

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
$40k difference includes the tax credit differential...but not the promotional interest rate Ford is putting out as well. I'll take 1.9% 36 month financing over the bs 6.5% on the Tesla. Really adds up...

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
$40k difference includes the tax credit differential...but not the promotional interest rate Ford is putting out as well. I'll take 1.9% 36 month financing over the bs 6.5% on the Tesla. Really adds up...
Good for you. My time is limited since my daughter will be out of high school in 2 years. So i cannot wait for another 2 years or even 1 year to share some fun and excitment with her.

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah - I have a boat / need to tow with it eventuallyā€¦. Unfortunately, ct is a huge gamble in this regard.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Yeah - I have a boat / need to tow with it eventuallyā€¦. Unfortunately, ct is a huge gamble in this regard.
Wait, is the lightning good at towing now? I thought it sucked on range too (and no SC network)
Price I totally get. Good for you! One less person in front of me šŸ˜œ

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait, is the lightning good at towing now? I thought it sucked on range too (and no SC network)
Price I totally get. Good for you! One less person in front of me šŸ˜œ
Yeah, thatā€™s my point. They both suck at towing equally, which is why neither is a long term investment. If I thought the ct was - even with another 16k (60k total price difference) Iā€™d go with it. Now the aim is to minimize massive depreciation and interest until a true long-term truck comes out

Even if RE becomes a thing, better better battery density will quickly make this solution obsolete.

anyway - wish the ct made sense. Perhaps Iā€™ll keep the res anyway and sell black market style so you can jump ahead

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw - lightning now has access to Tesla scā€™s. Even better - port is in the front / can access charge cords without dropping the trailer :)

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Btw - lightning now has access to Tesla scā€™s. Even better - port is in the front / can access charge cords without dropping the trailer :)
CT charge port at the back is really a design flaw for Tesla to correct.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Went from a range extender question to a Ford Lightning ad. Lickity split.

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ā€œFord - not a waste of moneyā€ or ā€œmakes a good short-term placeholder until a legit electric truck hits the marketā€ā€¦not very glowing tag lines. Just too bad we still donā€™t have a good bet after 4.5 yrs in line
Sponsored