Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
My Mazda 3 is 10 years old las December. I'm ready now ^-^

-Crissa
My Mazda CX-5 was 5 years old when my wife took delivery of our first Tesla, a Model 3. We usually keep our cars until they are not worth much, but the Model 3 was such a shockingly good car I had to sell my Mazda after only 5 years and get one for myself (wife was hogging the first one).

When our Cybertruck is ready, we will get rid of our only gas-powered vehicle remaining, the F-150. Looking forward to that. We've already replaced our gas mower with an e-mower and it's so superior to our Husqvarna, it's not even a fair fight! The grass in Western Washington can get thick and is often wet, so the torque of the electric motor wins the day.

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have a six year old GMC Yukon XL Denali. I can wait 5 to 10 years. My other Yukon lasted 16 years, barely. Cybertruck is the answer. If gasoline gets too expensive before then, Model Y it is.
I was waiting since 2014 for a new Tundra , The refresh was not for me and when I saw what they revealed in early 2021 as the "All new" Tundra I decided to reserve a CT instead and since I was in for a long wait I ordered a Model Y with my truck $$ in SEP 2021. And I didn't take delivery until June of 2022 but I am not sorry I did either .

I origionally had the Dual Motor CT reserved but my Model Y has taught me one thing and that is I will never buy another "300" mile range Tesla. 500+ only from now on.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I have a 2009 silverado that is running well and has no rust because I get it rust treated yearly (I live in Canada). My other vehicle is a 2018 model 3, which is a great car but I really need a truck. According to the spreadsheet I should be getting my CT next May, hopefully the model 3 will still be worth something on the trade in.
A spreadsheet shows when the CT will get to Canada? Can I have more info?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I have a 2009 silverado that is running well and has no rust because I get it rust treated yearly (I live in Canada). My other vehicle is a 2018 model 3, which is a great car but I really need a truck. According to the spreadsheet I should be getting my CT next May, hopefully the model 3 will still be worth something on the trade in.
Dave, you know something about when deliveries to Canada will start??

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
no idea, the spreadsheet seems to treat everyone in north america the same, though I would think the first people to get them will be employees and people in texas, similar to what was done with the model 3.

I got my model 3 in June of 2018 (vin # 28,000), which was fairly early, but it was my understanding that they were pushing them up to Ontario to make sure that we got the 14 K provincial grant as Ford was threatening to cancel it if he got elected (both happened).

The spreadsheet now has me getting my CT in September 2024.
Sponsored