BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
It better not cost more x-x

-Crissa
I can only imagine the field day main stream media will have if they increa the price even 1¢. I would guess the price is firm for no other reason than Tesla is the only automaker that can do it with an EV and still turn a profit at the end of the day.

My real question with the rear wheel steering is will they finally get their drive by wire clearance of it it's going to be mechanically linked.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Self centering drive by wire because of limited steering angle. Mechanical would be a pain.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yep but I have a much more elegant version that doesn't go outside of the CT foortprint and tracks in 2D with the same if not better PV areas than that one. :cool:

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I think that Tesla has made so many other cost improvements with manufacturing that we shouldn’t have to worry about there being a cost increase personally. Elon’s comment before alluding to we don’t know enough about how awesome that it will be to fully understand it. When they do release all the information about the final truck it will be a exciting event. In the meantime I’m being patient and saving more $.

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I think we all should get what we saw and what we put our reservation in for, no downsizing and no extra money for options that we don’t need. Dual motor with FSD and nothing more for me, please. $49.9k plus $7k.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Man, rear-wheel steering. This made my day. It's a pain getting into some parking lots with my F-150 (worse with my F-350 that preceded it). I was hoping so hard for this! Thank you for posting it. I've been looking for news on the CT and keeping up on Elon's texting... Don't know how I missed this one. Thanks again!

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
So.. I guess this is bad news for anyone expecting their truck this year or maybe even next. Didnt Elon hisself say that the design of the cybertruck was finalized. In. Freaking. JANUARY..!?!?

Whatever happened to: Best part is no part? The memetruck just doesnt need another gimmick imo.

-Disgruntled customer sunbleaching while waiting in line.
Tesla Cybertruck Rear Wheel Steering squating_skeleton_still_waiting_meme1

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Rolls Royce Phantom EWB
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Elon just confirmed the Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. They are adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns and maneuver with high agility.
He added; "lots of other great things coming".

Could the CT do a "TANK TURN" if the front wheels turn all the way LEFT while the rear wheels turn all the way RIGHT. Perhaps a software selection will allow that maneuver.
I think the reason Elon added the rear steering is so it could compete heads up with the Hummer Crab Walk and Rivian Tank Turn.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
I can only imagine the field day main stream media will have if they increa the price even 1¢. I would guess the price is firm for no other reason than Tesla is the only automaker that can do it with an EV and still turn a profit at the end of the day.

My real question with the rear wheel steering is will they finally get their drive by wire clearance of it it's going to be mechanically linked.
If they make it standard equipment, I'd guess it's a teaspoon of sugar to make $10,000 price increase go down. Tesla can still argue it's still cheaper than a Hummer, and cost comparable to the upper trim level Lightnings.

the2areview

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey; Dual Motor Cybertruck w/FSD ordered
Country flag
Elon just confirmed the Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. They are adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns and maneuver with high agility.

I just dont understand how they wo

No way this happens on the base model without a significant price increase. I'm already doubtful they can deliver the CT at that price without undercutting the M3.
Sponsored