Received my email to order the FS. What is necessary to wait for the Dual Motor?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I placed my reservation back in November 2019. I think I was about #310,000 or so in line.
(I reserved the 500 mile range, Tri-Motor model)

I received my email invitation to place my order for the Foundation Series yesterday.

I don't wish to pay the $100k for the Foundation Series, and have decided to wait.

Do I have to do anything to maintain my place in line? Do nothing?

PS It is interesting that Tesla is up past #300,000 on the waiting list with the Foundation Series.
My wild guess is that not a lot of people want to pay $100,000 for a Cybertruck. Of course not a lot of people want to pay $100,000 for an EV with 318 miles of range maybe? Or not a lot of people want to pay $100K for an EV period? - I would have pay $100,000 if it did in fact have 500 miles of range, at that price.
Sponsored

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Ignore the FS email, you will be placed back in queue based off your RN#

This has all been reported by other people on this forum in your same situation, and have spoken to Tesla directly. If you're still not sure, just call them directly.

rtmoeller

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
IT Test Manager
Country flag
Just got my invitation at 3PM today RN112957XXX. I called them to confirm waiting is the right way to stay in line for 79990 price. I also asked if they will honor the 7k price for FSD. She said, that is the price as of now but can't comment on if the price will change when deliveries begin for the Non Foundation Series.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Iā€™m predicting that our FS e-mails to ā€˜Start Designingā€™ choices will eventually switch to Dual/Tri non-FS choices.

Only Tesla insiders know when this change will occur. It will most likely occur without any notice or fanfare from Tesla. The webpage will simply change overnight.

Tesla Cybertruck Received my email to order the FS.  What is necessary to wait for the Dual Motor? E19EEE9E-131A-4F5F-BEC4-DB170FE27DC6

Last edited:

Berbinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Also, if you are financing, do not apply for approval until you get your delivery date. I applied twice since itā€™s only suitable for, I think, 30-60 days, depending on the lender. My first one expired, so I had to re-apply, two credit hits!

Coltpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Just curious, what does it say the estimated delivery time is at the top of the order page?

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™m predicting that our FS e-mails to ā€˜Start Designingā€™ choices will eventually switch to Dual/Tri non-FS choices.

Only Tesla insiders know when this change will occur. It will most likely occur without any notice or fanfare from Tesla. The webpage will simply change overnight.

E19EEE9E-131A-4F5F-BEC4-DB170FE27DC6.jpeg
My guess is it will be a year from now.

They have 1.5 million people on the Waiting List?
Might as will offer the FS version to everyone of them, before they go back and start offering NON FS versions to us.....sigh.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
My guess is it will be a year from now.

They have 1.5 million people on the Waiting List?
Might as will offer the FS version to everyone of them, before they go back and start offering NON FS versions to us.....sigh.
That is the smartest thing anyone has ever said on this site. Tesla will offer the FS CT to all 1.5 - 2 million reservations before they build ANYthing that will make less margin. It is called role out ... slow, lots of mistakes, expensive, lots of mistakes, risky, lots of mistakes.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is the smartest thing anyone has ever said on this site. Tesla will offer the FS CT to all 1.5 - 2 million reservations before they build ANYthing that will make less margin. It is called role out ... slow, lots of mistakes, expensive, lots of mistakes, risky, lots of mistakes.
I placed my reservation Nov 2019, and was super anxious for the Cybertruck for 3 years....now that it is out, and it would cost me $100,000 plus FSD, and it might have bugs, I am okay waiting until next spring to see if they will sell the $79,000 version.

Meanwhile I am driving a Ford Lightning and really love it. So I can wait.
PS I will get to sit in a Cybertruck Saturday - so interested to see how it looks in person and how "feels" looking out from the driver's seat.

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
I placed my reservation Nov 2019, and was super anxious for the Cybertruck for 3 years....now that it is out, and it would cost me $100,000 plus FSD, and it might have bugs, I am okay waiting until next spring to see if they will sell the $79,000 version.

Meanwhile I am driving a Ford Lightning and really love it. So I can wait.
PS I will get to sit in a Cybertruck Saturday - so interested to see how it looks in person and how "feels" looking out from the driver's seat.
How do you know that you get to sit in one on Saturday. I am in VA too. Where is it? I can't go but would like to know, maybe I am driving right past there.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Just got my invitation at 3PM today RN112957XXX. I called them to confirm waiting is the right way to stay in line for 79990 price. I also asked if they will honor the 7k price for FSD. She said, that is the price as of now but can't comment on if the price will change when deliveries begin for the Non Foundation Series.
They have to. There would be a heck of a criminal suit in California if they didn't.

-Crissa
Sponsored