Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I am hoping for the regional priority myself.
According to the "TESLA Reservation Spreadsheet" (If you can believe the predictions), I fall into 112 on the list for the dual motor. Not sure if that is for the US or the world calculation.
But from what I can find , locally I would fall within top 4 for area. This would be absolutely great if this is the way they will deliver. I can't get an invitation to the Delivery Ceremony in Austin, but I would hope I could pick up mine there at the delivery Ceremony.
All I can do is wait to see if I am contacted soon.
My RN is 115xxxxx which I believe will be delivered during the 2nd half of 2025. I'll be so old to drive at thar time but the advantage is the kinks will be ironed out by then.
Sponsored

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
this is the bit youā€™re missing from my post earlier:

the event on Nov 30 is not for retail buyers such as yourself

the event on Nov 30 is for insider deliveries to employees, major investors, etc. these arenā€™t being sold on an arms-length basis. They arenā€™t even selling true production units.

In contrast, sales to retail buyers such as yourself will be sometime after Nov. 30. Could be a while (eg months) or could be very soon (eg the following week).
Man! That is going to suck if that is the case. I am getting my hopes up.
It is my birthday the day after on the 1st. I was hoping I would get a birthday present for myself.
In this case I probably won't even get one by Christmas.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My RN is 115xxxxx which I believe will be delivered during the 2nd half of 2025. I'll be so old to drive at thar time but the advantage is the kinks will be ironed out by then.
Mine is RN11274 , I actually submitted within 20-3 sec when they opened the reservations for the CT. But it also took 2 days before I got the conformation of the reservation.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine is RN11274 , I actually submitted within 20-3 sec when they opened the reservations for the CT. But it also took 2 days before I got the conformation of the reservation.
Did you get the tri motor? I really want the tri motor (but I ordered the dual) so I have to modify my order unless the tri costs $98K like some guys said.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you get the tri motor? I really want the tri motor (but I ordered the dual) so I have to modify my order unless the tri costs $98K like some guys said.
I originally ordered the dual, but want the tri motor myself. But a few months ago all my selections got removed. So I am assuming when it is my turn, I will be able to choose what options I want. If tri is 98,000 then I will pass on that one. But I hope they offer the extra size battery for the dual.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I originally ordered the dual, but want the tri motor myself. But a few months ago all my selections got removed. So I am assuming when it is my turn, I will be able to choose what options I want. If tri is 98,000 then I will pass on that one. But I hope they offer the extra size battery for the dual.
I also hope the dual can go farther than 350 because I want longer range. Whatever they say is not the real world range. In my m3, due the road grades, the range is off by 30%. Maybe beginning of December, we are allowed to modify our order. If the dual costs more than $80K, I may buy the mY instead.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
But why?

CT is built in GFTX?
They said ā€œbased on prior historyā€. Prior history was that Teslas were made in California, and that California has the largest VEV market. One of these is still true.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I had a relative visit my SoCal area recently. They were blown away at how many Tesla vehicles were on the road in this part of the country. They were shocked by the popularity.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I had a relative visit my SoCal area recently. They were blown away at how many Tesla vehicles were on the road in this part of the country. They were shocked by the popularity.
I think we're gonna catch up in CO. Its getting wild out here

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
If by ā€˜release dateā€™ you mean the insider deliveries happening on Nov. 30, the relevant ā€œregionā€ is ā€œTesla employees and other insidersā€

If by ā€œrelease dateā€ you mean the first batch of retail customers for whom the configurator opens:

high likelihood that in addition to place in que, their geographic location is a factor

I expect earliest deliveries to have a gravity around central TX, where currently the only/most experienced service techs are nearby to deal with any early release issues as quickly and quietly as possible

from thereafter, thereā€™s always an element of regional factor in order/delivery prioritization - if nothing else, they tend to want to be able to fill an entire transport headed to a given area before hitting ā€œsendā€

the real wild card on configuration/delivery order is how long Tesla honors the que as a factor at all. Tesla has abandoned the que before, even when real deposits were on the line (eg $1,000), much less flimsy ā€˜reservationā€™ fees ($100).

Not saying theyā€™ll abandon the que early, only saying that itā€™s a possibility with precedent to consider.

(and admitting bias, since I live in central Texas and have a not ā€˜earliestā€™ res #)
I think much of the Ct movement we have seen around me the country is getting them ready to hit the prime showrooms.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I live in Orange County, CA. You canā€™t stop at a stop light without multiple vehicles at the intersection being a Tesla. When the S and X were well above $100k I couldnā€™t believe how many I was seeing on the road even at that price point. Thatā€™s largely why I have been saying they could price early CTs above 100k and they would sell as many as they can make easily for the first year.