John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It's just simple math. An hour of full power usage, like a griddle or coffee maker, would eat around six miles of range. Any AC, heat, etc used overnight would add to that. Most e-bikes have under 1kW batteries, so charging a dead bike should cost less than four miles each.
I am not looking at the video again, roughly 30 to 40 miles consumed with prototype kitchen 0.1. I missed how long they spent cooking so I am more concern with the energy lost converting to 110 plug rated at 15 amps.

I assumed the used the kitchen three times out of the day but am unsure since half, and girlfriend, stayed at a hotel.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I am more concern with the energy lost converting to 110 plug rated at 15 amps.
A typical inverter is 93-96% efficient in its "power band." At very low wattage it is horribly inefficient. So if you leave it idling with a phone charger, you're wasting most of the power it's using. Just like an engine. At the peak output there's also usually a slight bit of loss, but not crazy. At some point they said something about "shouldn't have just left it on," and yeah, it may have been idling at a few dozen watts, for nothing.

I've had a number of boats and RVs with inverters and battery banks to live off away from the dock for days at a time.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They had a list of 10k planned, I know of like a dozen so far. Plugshare doesn't have a separate search for them.

-Crissa
That is interesting.

In AU, Tesla has about 60 superchargers, and plans to triple in the next couple of years. I've never seen a 30,000 rollout plan.

Rivian claims a list of 10,000.

One company is spending, and the other is selling.

The internet helps to spread hype, and it becomes alluding to marketers. But it is becoming a two-edged sword… the internet also helps to expose the non-truth.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It's just simple math. An hour of full power usage, like a griddle or coffee maker, would eat around six miles of range. Any AC, heat, etc used overnight would add to that. Most e-bikes have under 1kW batteries, so charging a dead bike should cost less than four miles each.
A coffee maker might consume 1300 watts for the 3 or 4 minutes it takes to complete the brewing but then it drops down to around 100 watts average to keep the coffee hot. So, probably closer to a mile or two of range to make a pot of coffee and keep it hot for an hour.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Solar on the CT will brew 105 cups a day.

If you sell each for $3, you can gross $114,975 per year.

I , Roberto will be kept busy. !
Sponsored