Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If Rivian sold 100,000 units @ $20,000 profit each, that would be 2 billion profit.

I know I fall into the same twilight zone as early day Amazon and Tesla sceptics, but I can’t justify their market cap. It's crazy.

Musk intimated they are making a loss. So the increase <$20,000 is mitigating a loss, not adding to profit.

Amazon has ordered 100,000 vehicles (Vans?) over a few years.... No fricking way Bezos is giving them anywhere near $20,000. I don’t think the shareholders weigh that up.

Would Rivian be worth $10 one day ? If it is blessed!
Sponsored

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Optimization problems of trying to maximize profits to keep the doors open are extremely difficult as Elon said Tesla was merely weeks from bankruptcy when Model 3 was ramping. Rivian is extremely new at this puzzle.

The more we raise prices, the more customers disappear, and the more customers disappear, the more we need to raise prices. Such a dilemma.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I feel bad. Rivian was my "if I really had to" choice. So I'm in the same boat I've always been in. But there are folks just as eager as we are who got their souls CRUSHED. The Tesla Q4 announcement had me pretty F'd up, but I couldn't imagine being 30 days from delivery, like this guy, and getting an email saying they were going to essentially add a Kia Soul to the price of the vehicle.

These guy's made almost 100 youtube videos, and were in the first batch of large scale deliveries. Then Rivian just stroked the 8-ball on 'em.

We had a little taste in January with disappointment combined with extreme anticipation. I'm kind of prepared for really bad news with my ICE backup choice dead set. I've come to terms that something about the CT 1st year deliveries will have something disappointing. I just hope it's not like what these guys are going through.

But if the CT comes out with only a mild price bump and off-the-wall features, capabilities, and tech. .. I'm gonna be honest. I might float into space and never come back.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The Rivian Shareholder theme song

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I feel bad. Rivian was my "if I really had to" choice. So I'm in the same boat I've always been in. But there are folks just as eager as we are who got their souls CRUSHED. The Tesla Q4 announcement had me pretty F'd up, but I couldn't imagine being 30 days from delivery, like this guy, and getting an email saying they were going to essentially add a Kia Soul to the price of the vehicle.

These guy's made almost 100 youtube videos, and were in the first batch of large scale deliveries. Then Rivian just stroked the 8-ball on 'em.

We had a little taste in January with disappointment combined with extreme anticipation. I'm kind of prepared for really bad news with my ICE backup choice dead set. I've come to terms that something about the CT 1st year deliveries will have something disappointing. I just hope it's not like what these guys are going through.
Yeah I watched that video and I felt bad for those guys.

They spent 1000s of hours on free promotion for Rivian only to get their hopes crushed.

IMO the heavy promotion and run up to the IPO was particularly cruel when they knew they were going to have to increase prices before wide release.

I sure hope Tesla doesn’t pull this kind of shit.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
After massive cancelations (I was one of them), RJ just sent an apology letter to reservation holders and said will reinstate the original pricing for existing reservation holders. That is a good news for CT reservation holders. I think chance of @Crissa being right is now more than 50%.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
After massive cancelations (I was one of them), RJ just sent an apology letter to reservation holders and said will reinstate the original pricing for existing reservation holders. That is a good news for CT reservation holders. I think chance of @Crissa being right is now more than 50%.
Reinstating these prices also means that Rivian is going to be losing a tonne of money on every vehicle ordered before March 1. Ouch.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.