Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
""We know you can’t wait to get behind the wheel of your vehicle. Earlier this summer, we announced that deliveries would begin in July; however, the timing for the first deliveries of the R1T has shifted to September, with the R1S shortly thereafter in the fall. I wanted to be sure you heard this from me directly.""

Full letter @ https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-delayed-from-july-2021-until-september.1778/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why did they wait until halfway through the month to announce a 2 month delay? Seems like they'd have known long before this and would have wanted to get ahead of this.

Not sure how Tesla has handled delays in the past so hard for me to compare.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I keep saying that since Elon likes to wait to ride media bubbles, I expected any new pictures to show up after the Rivian reviews began trickling in.

This is going to make this summer full of speculation!
I wonder if plan on the 2nd quarter update was based on the launch window of the Rivian all along?

Musk dribbling out updates yesterday is interesting timing. Maybe he had some word that there was going to be a Rivian update today?

**Adjusts tin-foil hat**

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why did they wait until halfway through the month to announce a 2 month delay? Seems like they'd have known long before this and would have wanted to get ahead of this.
They probably expected something to work, arrive, or whatever and they've had to send out for a reorder of some stupid part.

I would say Musk was just reacting to the bevy of Cybertruck articles, such as the weird opinion one.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I seen this announcement coming. With all of the supply chain issues it was inevitable. The world wide pandemic has shaken things up for virtually every industry.
Sponsored