First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Scam Factory
Didn't see the photos the first time I saw your post, but it doesn't look too different from Ford's factory for the F150.

Just a big empty facility with some sleds. You can mix and match these images with the Rivian ones and nobody would be able to tell them apart unless they had the actual truck bodies on them.

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Starts shipping to Customer https---specials-images.forbesimg.com-imageserve-6143996ea87f3e196eb910a5-Ford-s-Rouge-Electr

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Starts shipping to Customer https---specials-images.forbesimg.com-imageserve-61439b613b0eed02cae10626-Workers-at-Ford-s-R

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Starts shipping to Customer Ford2

Tesla Cybertruck Rivian Starts shipping to Customer ford1

Both companies have a long ways to go before they are producing trucks at scale. Obviously so does Tesla.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wide-angle shots makes everything vanish in the distance. And an empty corner in the building is hardly evidence that the entire facility is a scam.

Ugh.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wide-angle shots makes everything vanish in the distance. And an empty corner in the building is hardly evidence that the entire facility is a scam.

Ugh.

-Crissa
That's just what a pre/ early production factory looks like. As someone said previously, the machine that builds the machine. ;)

Does give a good idea of where Rivian is in the production cycle though. Clearly they aren't cranking out 1000s/ day in that facility yet. Doesn't mean its a scam though.

DallasEd

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV Ninja
Occupation
Structure Engineer Boeing
Country flag
Rivian IPO I want to get rich guys
I'm sure that:
Before the Rivian $80 Billion IPO, Rivian will open it's factory to media and all investors.
Yes
An Ice cube's chance in Hell...
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I don’t care who makes EV’s as long as the big 3 automakers fold

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Didn't see the photos the first time I saw your post, but it doesn't look too different from Ford's factory for the F150.

Just a big empty facility with some sleds. You can mix and match these images with the Rivian ones and nobody would be able to tell them apart unless they had the actual truck bodies on them.

https---specials-images.forbesimg.com-imageserve-6143996ea87f3e196eb910a5-Ford-s-Rouge-Electr...jpeg

https---specials-images.forbesimg.com-imageserve-61439b613b0eed02cae10626-Workers-at-Ford-s-R...jpeg

Ford2.jpg

ford1.jpg

Both companies have a long ways to go before they are producing trucks at scale. Obviously so does Tesla.
There is a huge difference. Tesla is currently building a factory for full scale production of Cybertruck with production ramping in 2023. Ford admits F-150 Lightning will really not ramp until they release Lightning V2 in 2026. Based on pictures of Rivian factory it does not look like it can produce anywhere near what Cybertruck will be doing in 2023.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There is a huge difference. Tesla is currently building a factory for full scale production of Cybertruck with production ramping in 2023. Ford admits F-150 Lightning will really not ramp until they release Lightning V2 in 2026. Based on pictures of Rivian factory it does not look like it can produce anywhere near what Cybertruck will be doing in 2023.
My understanding is Rivian only has ~30-40k pre-orders (truck and SUV together). They don't need to figure out how to crank out half a million trucks. Their commercial truck business is likely far stronger than their consumer trucks.
Sponsored

Last edited: