Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ok my bad, it counts towards on-duty time which reduces total time per week (70 hours), but can be in the 30 min break time period.

Q: Does the 30-minute break have to be consecutive?

A: Yes. But, drivers may use different non-driving statuses (off-duty, sleeper berth, or on-duty not driving) to add up to the 30-consecutive minutes. For example, a driver could use 10 minutes of off-duty time, followed by 20 minutes to fuel the truck and fill out paperwork (on- duty, not driving time) to satisfy his or her 30-minute break, as long as the various duty periods are consecutive.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Ok, that makes more sense - thanks for clarifying.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Break is required, but fueling time cannot overlap with break time. When you are fueling you are considered working and its not a break.

I assume charging will fall under the same DOT rule.
Uhh... have you.... uhh... charging time isn't fueling time?

I hope they can start a charge and go take their break.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Uhh... have you.... uhh... charging time isn't fueling time?

I hope they can start a charge and go take their break.

-Crissa
I would think a different rule applies here. Charging is pretty passive.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
To me the big dream would be 500 mile range at 14000lbs towing (21000 GCWR imo) with a bull nose 8x26 box trailer.
Why are the tri-motor specs a big dream? Or is it a dream to have these specs for a dual trim, which would definitely be a big dream.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
To me the big dream would be 500 mile range at 14000lbs towing (21000 GCWR imo) with a bull nose 8x26 box trailer.
You will need a Semi for that.

Why are the tri-motor specs a big dream? Or is it a dream to have these specs for a dual trim, which would definitely be a big dream.
...Because the rated range won't be towing. It's not a tractor-trailer. You'll need more batteries.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Do most government regulations?
most govt regulations come from somebody at sometime not being too bright.... or something killing or hurting a lot of people....therefore it isn't govt stupidity but people stupidity.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
most govt regulations come from somebody at sometime not being too bright.... or something killing or hurting a lot of people....therefore it isn't govt stupidity but people stupidity.
Agree except most times it comes from a lot of somebodies at many times not being too bright

Very few regulations are based on a single incident.

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
They may have done this with the Model Y in Texas too. They had a few cars roll out for the first “Deliveries” at Giga Texas during Cyber Rodeo, then the factory didn’t produce another car for a while after that. (I think… too late and lazy to check the timing on when production started proper-like)

But if they did a “fake” start of deliveries, it would mean they are planning on opening up the config tool very soon.

EDIT: Popped over to Twitter and the account seems a bit… sketchy. No history of reliable leaks, account is less than 6 months old. Less than 2 weeks ago says “expect this account to be more active with Tesla rumors soon”.

I would treat it was highly suspect.

But… Musk was supposed to get his beta truck soon.
Would the crash data be accurate on trucks made by hand instead of by the production process? Seems like for accurate crash testing they would have to pluck a few random samples from the line. Could be a valid thing to make a few vehicles to validate their construction process and see if there are any obvious things to correct before building up and automating the production line.

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
I understand and agree with your summary, but there just aren't that many CT parts that need to be stamped. That said, seats, plastic, drivetrains, suspension, displays, sensors, etc. (and general assembly) can all be worked on, and with the sample exoskeletons they can begin work on the BIW which will require what stampings they can create. It remains to be seen how much they have in place at GA and how much is coming from Fremont, but as they get the machines and commission them they will replace imported parts with manufactured parts.
I'm curious whether the truck would hold together without the exoskeleton. I would like to see a schematic of the cybertruck showing the internal parts and the exoskeleton as separate parts... I am curious how they join together also. I suppose that drawing must exist but I haven't seen it.

I guess the stamping of the steel is actually far easier than the gigacasting part and they are probably ready to do the exoskeleton before they will be ready to gigacast the internal parts. very curious to see all this.

I'm pretty sure it's confirmed they will have two gigacasting machines, one of which is now on site (although not I believe installed yet) and the other of which was photographed at its factory, is now either in transit or in testing, and probably will not be fully installed for several months.
Sponsored