Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not sure, but I don't think access to purchase preproduction vehicles is a perk associated with all roles at Tesla.
Direct employees, employees of sibling companies, employees of subsidiary companies, contractors... Tesla likes to spread the love around.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
8000 ton press is about to arrive at giga Texas. They install it in about 1 week and it's literally off to the presses. No I don't have any knowledge other than what has been reported by Elon. First production in 4th quarter 2021.
It's going to be longer than 1 week to install the 8k ton Giga Press.
The rough construction is almost complete now for the CT casting area but next is digging out the foundation for the Giga Press, gas lines for the furnaces, electrical, floors, bridge cranes, and then walls. I believe it took about 2 months for just the 6k Giga Press to start cranking out test castings (correct me if I am wrong). I am guessing November at the earliest.

Bboo Dad86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck..? 2019 RAM 1500. 2009 Escape Hybrid
Country flag
8000 ton press is about to arrive at giga Texas. They install it in about 1 week and it's literally off to the presses. No I don't have any knowledge other than what has been reported by Elon. First production in 4th quarter 2021.
It seems reasonable that they will make some early in quarter for regulatory and production-process reasons. Months ago Elon said probably a few deliveries by end of year. Crash-test dummies etc have to be done before can do any actual deliveries.

it will be glorious when they ship!

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
A week to install.

Not a week from now.

-Crissa
I hope you are right but I've been watching the Giga Texas build videos nearly every day and remember the first 6k Giga Press taking between one and two months from the start of installation to before it started spitting out test castings.

There is still a lot of work to be done there. I'm sticking with my Thanksgiving time frame of when we will see the first few CT's rollout

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I can tell you are no dummy. I can see 1.2 million reservation holders will be cheering you on, when all news outlets are showing police cars and helicopters chasing that CT on the highway. Only we know who the crash dummy driving it is. Take a Tri-motor, make sure it is fully charged and take it off road. They won’t be able to keep up.
Well… The CT is amazing but I doubt it can outrun helicopters and radio signals. But it would certainly be interesting to see one try.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well… The CT is amazing but I doubt it can outrun helicopters and radio signals. But it would certainly be interesting to see one try.
what is the fuel load for the helicopter vs CT3.....I get it is less range in the woods, but a helicopter (Huey Type) has about 3hrs fuel before bingo

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
so....
we have already seen the rear body castings being produced for Y....
which means that production has already been kicked off with the Y, not CT.

Even if those castings are just test articles, the same will be necessary for CT once its gigapress is running.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
what is the fuel load for the helicopter vs CT3.....I get it is less range in the woods, but a helicopter (Huey Type) has about 3hrs fuel before bingo
Helicopter many not cross the border if he is willing to deal with Mexican cartel or worse yet Canadians ;)

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The plan was to leave them a paper napkin note accepting delivery with check and drive off in a respectable manner. 100% legal.
If I drive slow, I will blend in without notice.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Helicopter many not cross the border if he is willing to deal with Mexican cartel or worse yet Canadians ;)
I would head north. Fool the pursuers by going where nobody would expect. Because, Canadians. ?
Sponsored