Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...you expect it would have features that are standard on their model S which is priced at nearly half the cost!
...Then you're really weird. Because The Model S starts at $75K while the Cybertruck, with a larger battery, starts at $79.9K which is not 'almost half'.

-Crissa

PS, the Foundation package doesn't list Steam. And the order offer, which opened for me on Jan 2nd, is still there.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
With elons love for Nvidia I'm surprised there not just using GeForce now over wifi.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
...Then you're really weird. Because The Model S starts at $75K while the Cybertruck, with a larger battery, starts at $79.9K which is not 'almost half'.

-Crissa

PS, the Foundation package doesn't list Steam. And the order offer, which opened for me on Jan 2nd, is still there.
I dunno about you but I paid 120k for my truck while a model s starts at 71k and includes steam.

also details matter. The CyberTruck does not start at 79,900 it is estimated to start at that price. CyberTruck starts at $100,000 currently

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno about you but I paid 120k for my truck while a model s starts at 71k and includes steam.
I dunno about you, but I read what's in the options packages I buy, I don't assume there's things in them that aren't.

I also know how to do math, and I don't compare 'price with no options' to 'price with a big options package'.

I also don't compare the price with gasoline savings when I'm comparing the price of an option or feature that doesn't involve saving gasoline. Let alone the price with to the price without.

-Crissa

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno about you, but I read what's in the options packages I buy, I don't assume there's things in them that aren't.

I also know how to do math, and I don't compare 'price with no options' to 'price with a big options package'.

I also don't compare the price with gasoline savings when I'm comparing the price of an option or feature that doesn't involve saving gasoline.

-Crissa
The fact remains that a $75,000 model s comes with steam and my 120 thousand… Actually 133,000 out the door CyberTruck does not

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact remains that a $71,000 model s comes with steam and my 120 thousand… Actually 133,000 out the door CyberTruck does not
Now you're comparing the price without gasoline savings and with taxes and registration added, to the price without either.

That is so... Wrong, dude.

How do rich people not know basic math? Do they bully math into being? What the heck?

-Crissa

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla ‘s marketing on their website. I adjusted it to 75K

fact remains that a 75K model S comes with steam and a 100 K or 120 K CT does not.

now if you want to assume that the estimated prices will remain then we can compare apples to apples so a 75K model S versus 80K CyberTruck

Still paying more for a car that has less GPU capability and I think that is wrong dude

I may be nitpicking and I don’t think I would ever actually play steam in my truck but it’s annoying

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One is a listed feature, one is not.

One is a base model vehicle, the other is a vehicle with all the options loaded.

I don't see how you don't understand this.

75 is not half of 80. It's not half of 120. The 120 has 40K worth of options, none of which is the Steam software.

-Crissa

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One is a listed feature, one is not.

One is a base model vehicle, the other is a vehicle with all the options loaded.

I don't see how you don't understand this.

75 is not half of 80. It's not half of 120. The 120 has 40K worth of options, none of which is the Steam software.

-Crissa
. Does it make sense to you that $40,000 worth of upgrades doesn’t include a few hundred dollar GPU?

there are many things that are listed that Tesla doesn’t provide for example our 2021 model S plaid and our 2021 model X plaid both said they would have tilting screens. It’s literally on my order form. Guess what none of them came with it even though they were “listed “

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, it makes sense not to have two versions of the hardware when you're deploying your initial software.

I'd hope it's obvious, but I guess it wasn't.

-Crissa

PS, the tilting screen was shown off before 2021 but not a listed feature until it was shipping. You should check to see if it was software enabled, or if the motor is merely missing and needs to be added.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, it makes sense not to have two versions of the hardware when you're deploying your initial software.

-Crissa
What can I say. G-d bless you

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

-Crissa

PS, the tilting screen was shown off before 2021 but not a listed feature until it was shipping. You should check to see if it was software enabled, or if the motor is merely missing and needs to be added.
it’s listed on both cars order sheets. It’s missing the hardware and Tesla said they have no way of retrofitting it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it’s listed on both cars order sheets. It’s missing the hardware and Tesla said they have no way of retrofitting it.
That's more a 'they don't want to' than 'they have no way'.

I guess you'll just have to sue them for false advertising to get them to cough up the retrofit.

-Crissa
Sponsored