Flavio

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, Cybertruck
Country flag
The three things I wanted the most for the cybertruck were 1. range 2. Six seats and 3. Steam Support for gaming

After 1 and 2 hurting my feelings now this?

Has tesla ever mentioned Steam would be available on CT or we all just assumed? I am afraid only the foundation series won’t get it, and that they will add it later on :/

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-steam-integration-dicey-hacker-says/amp/

The Tesla Cybertruck’s Steam integration, which would allow owners to play numerous games in the vehicle, is a little bit of a dicey situation currently, according to a notable hacker.

Tesla hacker “Green” posted several updates yesterday regarding the Cybertruck and its ability to support Steam, a gaming distribution service that has been integrated into other vehicles in the company’s lineup.

It helps bring the most well-rounded and complete gaming experience to Tesla vehicles.

However, while the Cybertruck does have Steam in its firmware, it appears the vehicle is not quite able to support it due to a RAM package that is lower than what the gaming platform requires.

“While Steam support is part of the firmware, same as S/X, it’s not showing up for anybody with CT because today the car computer is roughly [the] same spec as modern 3/y and original S/X refresh: only 8G RAM, 128G storage,” Green said in a Tweet.

“Unless the requirements for Steam get less strict in the future (currently requires 16G RAM), CT owners might need to replace/upgrade their car computers to get steam similarly to how early plaid car users need to do it today (and I think it’s not free either).”

To make a long story short, Cybertruck’s current car computer is not capable of operating Steam because its operating system is not rated to handle what the platform requires.

This means that Tesla Cybertruck owners will have to upgrade their systems if they do want to run Steam in the vehicle, but it is unclear why the automaker chose to run a less-than-capable system in the vehicle in the first place.

Green clarified in the later Tweet that Cybertruck does have Steam integration, but “you just cannot currently enable it because current policy prohibits it.”

Tesla fans and owners who replied to Green’s findings seemed disappointed, of course, noting that the Model 3, Y, and Cybertruck “seem unnecessarily nerfed.”

Another person said that some things Tesla does are “borderline scams.”

Obviously, it is somewhat of a disappointment for many people, but it does not seem like this saga is over. Considering there are some things that could happen that could enable Steam compatibility, there is a chance for Cybertruck to be perhaps the coolest gaming rig on the market.
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The three things I wanted the most for the cybertruck were 1. range 2. Six seats and 3. Steam Support for gaming

After 1 and 2 hurting my feelings now this?

Has tesla ever mentioned Steam would be available on CT or we all just assumed? I am afraid only the foundation series won’t get it, and that they will add it later on :/

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-steam-integration-dicey-hacker-says/amp/

The Tesla Cybertruck’s Steam integration, which would allow owners to play numerous games in the vehicle, is a little bit of a dicey situation currently, according to a notable hacker.

Tesla hacker “Green” posted several updates yesterday regarding the Cybertruck and its ability to support Steam, a gaming distribution service that has been integrated into other vehicles in the company’s lineup.

It helps bring the most well-rounded and complete gaming experience to Tesla vehicles.

However, while the Cybertruck does have Steam in its firmware, it appears the vehicle is not quite able to support it due to a RAM package that is lower than what the gaming platform requires.

“While Steam support is part of the firmware, same as S/X, it’s not showing up for anybody with CT because today the car computer is roughly [the] same spec as modern 3/y and original S/X refresh: only 8G RAM, 128G storage,” Green said in a Tweet.

“Unless the requirements for Steam get less strict in the future (currently requires 16G RAM), CT owners might need to replace/upgrade their car computers to get steam similarly to how early plaid car users need to do it today (and I think it’s not free either).”

To make a long story short, Cybertruck’s current car computer is not capable of operating Steam because its operating system is not rated to handle what the platform requires.

This means that Tesla Cybertruck owners will have to upgrade their systems if they do want to run Steam in the vehicle, but it is unclear why the automaker chose to run a less-than-capable system in the vehicle in the first place.

Green clarified in the later Tweet that Cybertruck does have Steam integration, but “you just cannot currently enable it because current policy prohibits it.”

Tesla fans and owners who replied to Green’s findings seemed disappointed, of course, noting that the Model 3, Y, and Cybertruck “seem unnecessarily nerfed.”

Another person said that some things Tesla does are “borderline scams.”

Obviously, it is somewhat of a disappointment for many people, but it does not seem like this saga is over. Considering there are some things that could happen that could enable Steam compatibility, there is a chance for Cybertruck to be perhaps the coolest gaming rig on the market.
Prev thread on this:
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...at-steam-is-included-in-the-cybertruck.10137/

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The hardware that launched with current version of the CT does not support Steam, it was hinted as a "maybe" at one point along with some other "likely" "probably" like the tailgate ramp, 500+ range, 40k price, midgate, hvac in vault, FSD at launch, etc.
The steam integration is something that got cut, likely to save cost.
It may end up in the refresh version of the CT along with the long list of other features people are upset got cut, but no guarantees and Tesla/Elon are known for being very optimistic when listing maybe features, soon.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
its a teslarati article, one step above Torque News .. take it with a grain of salt.
From the other thread post I did ... pointed to GreenTheOnly a often very reliable source.

At a high level, this does not sound promising.

fOyf833.jpg

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
With an available 120V outlet, you can always just install a PlayStation 🤷‍♂️
I might mount a gaming laptop under one of the seats and covertly run wires to a screen. Wireless mouse and keyboard. With a controller on standby for console noobs I mean players. Lol

wh1t3rbb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founders Edition
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
If nothing else, it would be nice to be able to stream games via WiFi via Xbox Game Pass or a Steam service running on my desktop. Are there any input sources to the rear screen? Most likely not from what I’ve seen? Playing Helldivers 2 in the cybertruck would have been epic 😂

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I thought Cyberpunk was just a steam game, so when I saw this post I assumed we would have Steam on the Cybertruck:
Tesla Cybertruck Rumor: No Steam gaming capability for Cybertruck currently 1709226035694

I am hoping Steam will eventually come to the CT without having to upgrade the computer.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
Even with the 16GB of RAM in our model X plaid Steam take FOREVER to load a game.

they should have upgraded it to 32gb ram

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I love the Cybertruck but seems outrageous their newest vehicle with the latest hardware and increasing pricing can’t run Steam. Seems like a miss, hopefully they fix it, I was actually looking forward to this feature unlike my Model Y which doesn’t have it

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
They never said it would be in the launch trucks, tho.

-Crissa
Nah that's BS. You can't claim a feature will exist, not deliver (making it a lie), and then take the stance it wasn't a lie because 10 or 20 years after initial development it was added.

And like, for me, I don't honestly care much. My Asus ROG Ally will run games better than the built in computer will. But of all of the features on cybertruck that were taken away, this one was actually confirmed many times. It's not just "oh the prototype did this so we all assumed". So to take the stance that if a cybertruck eventually gets the feature, it isn't lying... that's pretty insane.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
They never said it would be in the launch trucks, tho.

-Crissa
When Elon says “we poured our hearts and souls into this truck”

& “this will be Tesla’s greatest product thus far”

you expect it would have features that are standard on their model S which is priced at nearly half the cost!
Sponsored