Will the Cybertruck get the same STEAM Game access like the refreshed S & X?

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
would love to have access to AAA gaming, unlike my current model Y, hoping the Cybertruck gets this feature!
Sponsored

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I, on the other hand, don't need or want the ability to play games on my Cybertruck because I don't play any games. I would rather the truck costs a little less and have less things to break.

Perhaps it could be an option or only included in the highest trim level.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
My assumption based on the largest screen ever on a Tesla, Elon constantly boasting on all the tech included, plus being his "daily driver" vehicle... we will certainly have access to STEAM games.

OP
OP
DrShah

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
My assumption based on the largest screen ever on a Tesla, Elon constantly boasting on all the tech included, plus being his "daily driver" vehicle... we will certainly have access to STEAM games.
Man I hope so, this would make waiting around at work so much better!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I, on the other hand, don't need or want the ability to play games on my Cybertruck because I don't play any games. I would rather the truck costs a little less and have less things to break.

Perhaps it could be an option or only included in the highest trim level.
Less things to break?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I think if the CT is getting nerfed HW4 it wouldn't have the power to run the steam vm and play the legit games

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The multimedia computer and the self driving computer are different things.
Are you sure? I know they had a discreet GPU on the x and s but wasn't the CPU shared? I think it boiled down to ram amounts as to why some had it and others didn't. And we've already seen reports about nerfed ram on some Hw 4

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Are you sure? I know they had a discreet GPU on the x and s but wasn't the CPU shared? I think it boiled down to ram amounts as to why some had it and others didn't. And we've already seen reports about nerfed ram on some Hw 4
No, I'm a scientist and never "sure" of anything, always open to new data. But I'm pretty sure every Tesla has a MM chip, and two self driving computers, one being a backup that can take over immediately.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Even if they cutback on the specs some, I would still play older games and emulators if they open the app to everyone

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have access to Steam on my iPad.

It's not like all games have high requirements.

But like the driver's instrument cluster... It's unlikely to so up as standard. Elon said he's trying to beat the ICE F150.

-Crissa

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
The Teslas that can do Steam games have pretty much what amounts to an XBOX Series S or similar (IIRC) added in under the dashboard to handle that. That is all that component is used for.

I don't need nor want that in my Cybertruck because I don't play games and I don't want unnecessary things that could break or fail. This is why I was glad when Model 3 came out that it had manual door handles and trunk and frunk.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The CT is not a Tesla Halo vehicle like the X and S, it's a mid range vehicle more inline with the 3 and Y, as evidenced by what we have seen of its interior (not to mention announcement pricing placing it in the Y price range).

For the same reason it likely wont have auto presenting doors, and no dash monitor, I think the chances of it having Steam support to be extremely low.

It will likely have features shared by most Tesla vehicles, but will not have features found exclusively in the S and X line, in my opinion.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Well, I certainly hope my CT has access to STEAM!

How else would I be able to drive my American Truck Simulator while sitting in the driver's seat and letting FSD drive my truck?

That is "doing truck things", right? Right?? RIGHT???

Sponsored