Self park into/out of garage?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
1st post, thanks for having me. I have been reading a ton on this forum over the last few weeks trying to learn about the Cybertruck, Tesla, and EVs in general.

I do have a question on the ability of the CT to go into/out of the garage automatically.

I have a standard 2 car garage and would really like to be able to park inside of the garage. We have a 2nd garage for our stuff, so this 2 car garage is for each of our cars and that is it. Therefore, I can use the full 20' of the garage and have a few inches to spare from each bumper to the wall/garage door.

Given that I will have a very small margin for error, I would love it if the CT could automatically pull into and out of the garage. Is it capable of this? If it is, do I have to be in the CT for it to do this, or can I enter/exit the CT from the comfort of my driveway and let it park itself snugly and accurately into the garage?
Sponsored

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
1st post, thanks for having me. I have been reading a ton on this forum over the last few weeks trying to learn about the Cybertruck, Tesla, and EVs in general.

I do have a question on the ability of the CT to go into/out of the garage automatically.

I have a standard 2 car garage and would really like to be able to park inside of the garage. We have a 2nd garage for our stuff, so this 2 car garage is for each of our cars and that is it. Therefore, I can use the full 20' of the garage and have a few inches to spare from each bumper to the wall/garage door.

Given that I will have a very small margin for error, I would love it if the CT could automatically pull into and out of the garage. Is it capable of this? If it is, do I have to be in the CT for it to do this, or can I enter/exit the CT from the comfort of my driveway and let it park itself snugly and accurately into the garage?
As the specs of the production version fo the CT has not yet been released, I think your question is a bit premature. However as the S, 3, X, Y vehicles all have summon and autopark capabilities, I would expect the CT to have similar software features.

In my opinion, there is too much unknown about the production design of the CT to really have any definite idea of exactly what it will be capable of. Hopefully the full final specs and detailed images will be released soon.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
It makes sense that it would have that feature (called Summon Autopark) if you buy FSD. Here is a short video that shows how it works on Model 3

You have to make sure that you are watching it closely and are ready to tap the stop button on the app or push one of the door handles to make it stop if it gets too close to something. Keep in mind that it's not perfect.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Great question and great video. I was also wondering about this. I have a small detached garage behind my house that is accessed by an alley. I measured the garage and the CT will fit, but just barely. Was kinda hoping I could get out of the car and have it pull itself in. I also typically back into the garage. Not sure if I’ll do that with the CT because I’ll still have to go into the garage to plug the CT in. This is where an automatic charging connector (I think I’ve heard others refer to it as a snake?) would be awesome. Or if the wireless charging thing becomes a thing, but I’m not a fan of that, at least from what I’ve heard about it so far.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Even without the auto-parking it would be very useful to stop a CT in a few inches before a wall without a chance to crush into a bedroom behind this wall. I just imagine a sensor (mechanical/optical) that detects the approaching CT and switches on the red light in front of a CT. Would the auto-pilot stop fast on red light?

TexasTesla

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
FSD is still locked. If you bought FSD, you should have all the autopilot features.

Did you follow the instructions?

Auto Park using a Model Y Dec 2020

-Crissa
Instructions? LOL I watched the video, and followed that, but read? I'm lucky to read these forums and comprehend :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

qreese

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck Model y
Occupation
Worker
Country flag
It’s coming soon! If my vacuum can find it’s “parking spot” every day, perfectly, Tesla can absolutely add it easily. Gotta wait for it though, under promise, over deliver.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Instructions? LOL I watched the video, and followed that, but read? I'm lucky to read these forums and comprehend :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You're sounding like my spouse there. She leaves me all the manuals. Even made me look up a shop manual for her Ducati!

-Crissa

TexasTesla

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
With your instructions, I was able to get it working. I don't believe he mentioned in the video that you needed to go and customize summon and turn off the continuous press.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s coming soon! If my vacuum can find it’s “parking spot” every day, perfectly, Tesla can absolutely add it easily. Gotta wait for it though, under promise, over deliver.
If the Tesla had a docking station similar to the Roomba, it would be pretty sweet. Park itself on the spot, initiate charging all in one go.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
If the Tesla had a docking station similar to the Roomba, it would be pretty sweet. Park itself on the spot, initiate charging all in one go.

I'd imagine this would be extremely easy to do with wireless charging pads. Idk if that's still something they plan to do anytime soon.

Given the length of the CT this autopark feature will probably be a must for a lot of people... I just don't look forward to waiting for it to drive at .0001/mph during the winter months in CO, I'll probably buy a smart garage door closer so I can just walk inside and let it all do it's thing without having to wait 5 minutes for the damn thing to park.
Sponsored