Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Buy a Semi, not a Cybertruck.

-Crissa
Can't imagine the Semi rock crawling or even doing overlanding... But other than that, I can imagine that someone will be buying a Semi instead of CT so they can get incredible range. If they are not towing a huge load, I wonder what the range could be. Like how far can the Semi go on a full charge without any trailer at all? Would be difficult to park in a city. But for all those who like to see over the traffic ahead, this is one way to be able to see.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Can't imagine the Semi rock crawling or even doing overlanding... But other than that, I can imagine that someone will be buying a Semi instead of CT so they can get incredible range. If they are not towing a huge load, I wonder what the range could be. Like how far can the Semi go on a full charge without any trailer at all? Would be difficult to park in a city. But for all those who like to see over the traffic ahead, this is one way to be able to see.
Yeah, but rock-crawling is best done with something less good at towing a 20' shipping container.

For all those who want the RV life, they want something more like the Semi.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For all those who want the RV life, they want something more like the Semi.
No kidding, 3/4 ton trucks are not great at even moderately chunky roads.

Though I wonder if the Cybertruck can mitigate that with it’s air shocks.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
$4 Billion Loss to Tesla Motor Car Company

Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year which is not to well thought out and really really bad news for Tesla

Why?

Only 288,000 heavy trucks were produced in the United States in 2021, and that is an increase of about 20 percent compared to the 2020 production volume.

FTR says heavy truck sales for 2021 were 365,000

Ok

Now you sort of see the problem!
With 288,000 heavy trucks still in production and
Tesla 500,000 Nevada plant Semi in production there is a
Gult of 423,000 heavy trucks.
Tesla 500,000 heavy EvTrucks and 288,000 Heavy IceTrucks there is No market No buyers for 800,000 heavy trucks per year.
That is $85 Billion of un sold Semi inventory just sitting on the curb that Tesla cant possibly sell.
and
It's really much much worse than that HIGH-VOLUME SEMI PLANT will have 300-400% more Srmi parts in inventory so its really a $340 Billion Loss!

Next Problem

EvSemi vr IceTruck fuel up
No home 200 amp circuit breaker panel can charge a Semi.
Even If you try to fully charge a Semi with a 200amp home system it would take 7-10 days.
7-10 days to charge a Semi and 7hr drive (220m there 220m back) and 60 miles in the tank just in case there is any stop lights.
Tesla Semi is all but useless to any trucking company or independent trucker.

Last

Don't get me wrong this EvSemi is 1000% better for our planet Earth than any EvCar and it needs to be done ASAP but today the economics are not there yet.
No heavy truck Driver / Owner can buy these Semis due to charge time and range.
and
Even if someone buys a Semi the morket for heavy trucks is only 288,000 per year with a Tesla Semi factory production of 500,000 you go broke real real fast.

Tesla EvSemi $340 Billion Nevada factory loss will bankrupt Tesla Motor Car Company.

Then theres the Market for Custom RV's using the Semi EV ... lol