SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Well the cube poop checks out. Not sure about sinking and walking across the bottom.

With cube poop are they sort of the CyberRodent?

1674621435743.png
They’re brutalists. 👌
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
From an article regarding wombats
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/australia/wombat-poop-cubes-intl-scli-scn/index.html

Using laboratory testing and mathematical models, a team of researchers found there are two stiff and two flexible areas around the circumference of the wombat intestine. The intestine, at 33 feet long, is around 10 times the length of a wombat’s body.

“This ability to form relatively uniform, clean cut faeces is unique in the animal kingdom,” Scott Carver, a wildlife ecologist from the University of Tasmania, said in a statement.

“They place these faeces at prominent points in their home range, such as around a rock or a log, to communicate with each other. Our research found that these cubes are formed within the last 17 percent of the colon intestine,” he said.

The researchers say the distinctive cube shape of wombat poop is caused as a result of the drying of the faeces in the colon, and muscular contractions, which form the uniform size and corners of the poop.

[IMG alt="A wombat-like creature, the size of a black bear and weighing 150kg, once roamed the earth some 25 million years ago, scientists have discovered.

Scientists from the University of Salford discovered the new family of marsupial after studying the partial skull and most of a skeleton collected from Lake Pinpa in north eastern South Australia on an expedition during the 1970s.

Courtesy Natural History Museum"]https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/200624090620-01-giant-wombat-intl-scli-scn.jpg?q=x_0,y_0,h_1116,w_1983,c_fill/h_144,w_256[/IMG]

Giant wombat-like creatures, the size of black bears, once walked the earth

“Bare-nosed wombats are renowned for producing distinctive, cube-shaped poos. This ability to form relatively uniform, clean cut faeces is unique in the animal kingdom,” Carver added.

In people, food travels through the gut in one or two days, but a wombat’s digestive process can take up to four times as long, so the animal can extract all possible nutritional content from its food. The creatures also produce poop that is much drier than human feces – because they are better at extracting water from the intestine.

Carver said the discovery that the cubes are created inside a soft tube reveals “an entirely new way of manufacturing cubes,” which could have implications for manufacturing, clinical pathology and digestive health.”

Leaving their scat is a form of messaging? If a human left fecal matter in front of my house, I am sure there is a message behind it

Knucklehead

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
$4 Billion Loss to Tesla Motor Car Company

Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year which is not to well thought out and really really bad news

Why?

Only 288,000 heavy trucks were produced in the United States in 2021, and that is an increase of about 20 percent compared to the 2020 production volume.

FTR says heavy truck sales for 2021 were 365,000

Ok

Now you sort of see the with 288,000 heavy trucks still in production and Tesla Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year there is a gult of 423,000 heavy trucks. Tesla may make 500,000 heavy Trucks but there is no market or buyers for that many heavy trucks.

Next Problem

Semi Charging vr Truck fuel
No home 200 amp circuit breaker panel can charge a Semi.
If you try to fully charge a Semi with a 200amp home system it would take 7-10 days. 7-10 days to charge a Semi and drive a 440 round trip (220m there 220m back) and 60 miles in the tank just in case there is any stop lights. Is useless to any trucking company or independent trucker.

Last

Don't get me wrong this EvSemi is 1000% better for our planet Earth than EvCars and needs to be done ASAP but the economics are not there yet.
No heavy truck Driver / Owner can buy these Semi due to charge time range.
and
Even if some by a Semi the morket for heavy truck is only 288,000 per year with a factory production rate of 500,000 you go broke real real fast.

Tesla EvSemi $4 Billion Nevada factory will be bankrupt Tesla Motor Car Company.
Or maybe Tesla plans to export the trucks.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I can hardly believe that the wombat content has gotten so much traction. We must be desperate for new/more info.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wonder if our ancestors built houses using giant Wombat turd blocks.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
“They place these faeces at prominent points in their home range, such as around a rock or a log, to communicate with each other. Our research found that these cubes are formed within the last 17 percent of the colon intestine,” he said.
You should teach them how to use a pen.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I wonder if our ancestors build houses using giant Wombat turd blocks.
Back before Lego there were Tinker Toys. Before that, Lincoln Logs. Before that, Wombat poop.

Gotta say, if I came across a pile of little cubes in the forest, I'd wonder if the gnomes or fairies had started a new building program.

Now if I came across the equivalent cubes from a 150kg black bear sized creature, I'm probably going to be very confused. Perhaps use them to build an earthen igloo equivalent.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year which is not to well thought out and really really bad news

Why?

Only 288,000 heavy trucks were produced in the United States in 2021, and that is an increase of about 20 percent compared to the 2020 production volume.

Ok

Now you sort of see the with 288,000 heavy trucks still in production and Tesla Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year there is a gult of 423,000 heavy trucks. Tesla may make 500,000 heavy Trucks but there is no market or buyers for that many heavy trucks.

Next Problem

Semi Charging vr Truck fuel
If you try to fully charge a Semi with a 200amp home system it would take 7-10 days. 7-10 days to charge a Semi and drive a 440 round trip (220m there 220m back) and 60 miles in the tank just in case there is any stop lights. Is useless to any trucking company or independent trucker.

Last

Don't get me wrong this EvSemi is 1000% better for our planet Earth than EvCars and needs to be done ASAP but the economics are not there yet.
No heavy truck Driver / Owner can buy these Semi due to charge time range.
and
Even if some by a Semi the morket for heavy truck is only 288,000 per year with a factory production rate of 500,000 you go broke real real fast.

Tesla EvSemi $4 Billion Nevada factory will be bankrupt Tesla Motor Car Company.
Local trucking routes are ripe for replacement and have the potential to far exceed typical new replacement purchases.

Caveat, Semi performs well.

If 100,000 units are sold at an original listed price of 180,000, net 20% is 3.6 billion.
why do you not see potential?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Back before Lego there were Tinker Toys. Before that, Lincoln Logs. Before that, Wombat poop.
Some of us never got past the Lincoln Log stage.

(This was our work project this weekend. A buddy of mine after we Lincoln logged a 5 foot tall piling for a bridge we’re building).

Tesla Cybertruck Semi's 1000v battery pack is HUGE (first closeup look) 1675048629115

Tesla Cybertruck Semi's 1000v battery pack is HUGE (first closeup look) 1675048797134

#PlayingWithChainSaws

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Nevada plant 500,000 Semi per year which is not to well thought out and really really bad news for Tesla

Why?

Ok

Now you sort of see the problem!
With 288,000 heavy trucks still in production and
Tesla 500,000 Nevada plant Semi in production there is a
Gult of 423,000 heavy trucks.
Tesla 500,000 heavy Trucks and 288,000 Deslie Heavy Trucks there is No market No buyers for 800,000 heavy trucks per year.

Next Problem

Semi Charging vr Truck fuel up
Even If you try to fully charge a Semi with a 200amp home system it would take 7-10 days.
7-10 days to charge a Semi and 7hr 440 m round trip drive (220m there 220m back) and 60 miles in the tank just in case there is any stop lights.
Tesla Semi is all but useless to any trucking company or independent trucker.

Last

No heavy truck Driver / Owner can buy these Semis due to charge time and range.
and
Even if someone buys a Semi the morket for heavy trucks is only 288,000 per year with a Tesla Semi factory production of 500,000 you go broke real real fast.

Tesla EvSemi $4 Billion Nevada factory will bankrupt Tesla Motor Car Company.
This article is filled with basic transcription errors. Total production for the Semi is aiming at 50k units, not 500k units. And that's after two years of ramp up! So all the math is wrong. It's also counting the total investment in the site - which would include new battery cell lines and battery pack production of stationary energy products and Fremont vehicle production.

Tesla totally could find a market for that many trucks, though, as the article forgets that there's millions of "light" trucks pressed into duty each year that they could eat into the sales of. But for that Tesla would want that model vehicle to have a structural cell and gigacastings to break the 100K production mark.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I get back on here after a few weeks and you guys are all talking about Wombat shit. I’ll check back in a few more weeks.

Schmaggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Preorder cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
All of the “I want the Cybertruck to be able to tow 25,000 pounds uphill in -32 degree weather” folks will need this.

Forget about boat mode though. This puppy ain’t swimming.
I definitely need the biggest battery available, living in SK where the winter is -30 for at least a few weeks of the winter. And the wide open prairies makes the wind brutal lots of the time. All while pulling 20ft enclosed trailers.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I definitely need the biggest battery available, living in SK where the winter is -30 for at least a few weeks of the winter. And the wide open prairies makes the wind brutal lots of the time. All while pulling 20ft enclosed trailers.
Buy a Semi, not a Cybertruck.

-Crissa
Sponsored