Shareholders, would you vote to reinstate Elon's pay package

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Q1 was ugly, if we attribute those sales to the CEO then he should do LESS of what he's already doing. If we attribute the stock price to the CEO it's even worse.
If you don't follow auto industry sales, you wouldn't know that Q1 2024 was terrible for most automakers. not only is Q1 historically a very difficult quarter for auto sales, but high interest rates has everyone down last quarter, this is not specific to Tesla or Elon Musk, so I'm looking at the last year, relative to everyone else (when I point out that Tesla had the best-selling car globally).

It's hard to argue with that.

Of course the lamestream media celebrates poor Tesla sales while largely ignoring everyone elses poor sales.
Sponsored

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If you don't follow auto industry sales, you wouldn't know that Q1 2024 was terrible for most automakers. not only is Q1 historically a very difficult quarter for auto sales, but high interest rates has everyone down last quarter, this is not specific to Tesla or Elon Musk, so I'm looking at the last year, relative to everyone else (when I point out that Tesla had the best-selling car globally).
We would have hit that without Elon, sales may have even been higher. I fail to see what value he has added to the company in the last 2 or so years and I can clearly see the value he has taken away from the company. If he really is cancelling the 25K vehicle and focusing on robotaxi instead, which is no where near ready, it could very well be a disaster in the making. No one has been more wrong about autopilot/FSD than Elon.

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
I don't think shareholder votes in favor of Elon will be able to overturn a court order. Moving HQ to another jurisdiction because you don't like the court's decision will probably not work either.

With stock down about $100 year to date and the CEO asking for an unprecedented $55B payout, i have a hard time believing any investor could give that a yes vote. Especially institutional investors.

No one is worth that much money and elon already owns a substantial stake in the company.
wrong

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
No and requesting this the day after letting go 10% of the staff is really frustrating.
I'll bet if that 10% had their salaries from the last 6 years, taken back, they would have quit on their own. Which is exactly what Elon will do.
If I had my last 6 years of compensation taken back, after meeting every goal in my contract, not only would I leave, but I would take every resource legally available to me, and I would become a direct competitor.

Cyberjam

First Name
Stotnova
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS AWD (awaiting), miniHummer EV (grandkids)
Occupation
Retired/sometime Rockstar
Country flag
Oh, man. I don’t pretend to know how Elon thinks. He’s on another level altogether. I see no one else since Edison more adept at bringing the best parts of the future and dropping them on our doorsteps. He does say some things I don’t understand, but he has delivered for all of us. Pay the man.

cyberwulf

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still Waiting
Country flag
I don't think shareholder votes in favor of Elon will be able to overturn a court order. Moving HQ to another jurisdiction because you don't like the court's decision will probably not work either.

With stock down about $100 year to date and the CEO asking for an unprecedented $55B payout, i have a hard time believing any investor could give that a yes vote. Especially institutional investors.

No one is worth that much money and elon already owns a substantial stake in the company.
YES!

Elon is to Tesla, what Steve Jobs was to Apple.

What happened to Apple after ousting Steve?
What happened to Apple after his return?

Tesla stock has an “Elon mark up” factor - he’s worth it

At the end of the day at this level its just numbers on a ledger

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
NO. We need Elon to spend more time on the line of CT. Put on 24/7 shifts. Start showing more interest in getting CT orders filled. Laying off folks in Austin shows no interest in increasing output of CT line.
That will increase profit.
Then next year can discuss it.

ke6jph

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes and yes.
As a long time shareholder (2013) and watching the attacks on the company and Elon I view the Delaware decision to be another attempt to create uncertainty in the minds of shareholders who do not research the company they invest in….

Marc Montgomery

First Name
Friction is your friend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag
We already approved the comp package back in 2018. If Elon had not executed, then he would have received nothing. He did execute, and should get paid as we agreed. The judge was looking at the package after he had succeeded and said it was too much. BS, we knew what we were doing, going after massive earnings. Elon made us a lot of money, and he should get the comp we agreed too. I will vote yes to both comp and TX. I also want Elon to get the 25% control so that I don't have to worry about someone like Ross Gerber getting on the board and destroying Tesla's future, or an entity like Vanguard being able to force a policy onto Tesla. Sorry about the long thread.

vinsk

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, M3
Occupation
SW
Country flag
Yes, yes and more yes!!! All who disagree, should look back at their promised bonuses/raise on reaching their quarterly/yearly goals and how it feels if they were denied. This compensation was “PROMISED” based on goals set in the contract. What part is not understood here.

The only reason I’m doubling down on Tesla stocks is because of EM. Have faith!

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
YES to reinstating the pay package we already voted for once and YES to moving to Texas. As far as the 25%, it's voting power not ownership and could be done during the reincorporation in Texas.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
We would have hit that without Elon, sales may have even been higher.
Without Elon the company probably would be bankrupt, there would be no products to sell.

I fail to see what value he has added to the company in the last 2 or so years and I can clearly see the value he has taken away from the company.
Of course you have no insight to what value he adds to the company - you aren't a member of Tesla's management team! You're not even on the Board of Directors! People who work with him consistently are well aware of how much value he brings to the company, which is why they are asking shareholders to approve the same pay package they originally offered.

If he really is cancelling the 25K vehicle and focusing on robotaxi instead, which is no where near ready, it could very well be a disaster in the making.
Elon has already disclosed the article that claimed the $25K vehicle was cancelled was nothing but another lie. What is it you don't understand about that?

No one has been more wrong about autopilot/FSD than Elon.
No one has been more right about Autopilot/FSD than Elon, the only thing he was wrong about was the exact timing.

Have you even used FSD Version 12? It's mindboggling just how good it is. Other Autonomy competitors have spent many billions of dollars on the exact same problem and have very little to show for it besides automatic lane-keeping and traffic aware cruise control. Most of them can't even perform a simple lane change on the freeway safely or are geo-fenced to only operate within the municipal boundaries of a couple of selected cities that have been extensively mapped and need to be re-mapped everytime the municipality changes a turn lane. It's completely unworkable. Elon has been so right on autonomy, it's difficult to understand how the others got it so wrong.
Sponsored