Should Tesla only allow electric vehicles at their factories/facilities?

Should Tesla only allow electric vehicles at their factories?

• Total voters

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Should Tesla make this a policy with some exceptions/exemptions?

If Elon truly wants to make good on his goals for getting rid of ICE vehicles should Tesla not help in any way possible?

Such as leasing out Tesla cars to employees at a discount over a 2-4 yr period then releasing those cars for resale?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I was thinking of contractors that Tesla needs on site like greens maintenance or the plumbers ect, The question sounds like only but not not everyone on site is a Tesla employee. I would think in time most employees would have changed over. Anyone that owns a gas vehicle will probably call it a classic in time.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The question would be better, should Tesla give EVs to their employees?

I think they should require all possible contractors to use EVs.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Possible. I did say possible. It's not possible now. But once Semis start rolling off the assembly line in Austin?

-Crissa
You said "all possible contractors". How much of their equipment needs to be electric? All, most, some?

There is only a limited amount of construction equipment/vehicles available now.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is only a limited amount of construction equipment/vehicles available now.
Then it's not possible, is it?

I'll be a bit disappointed if I see gasoline lawn equipment once they're open, tho. That is possible now.

-Crissa

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Country flag
I know that in some case it is possible to have some electric powered lawn equipment but a lot of commercial properties have large scale landscapes that require commerical styled equipment to manage it in a reasonable time factor. I have a large lawn at my home and it takes about two hours for me to cut the lawn. I did look at electric riding lawn mowers, it would do the job for me but not sure it could bag the clippings, I could by a gas powered vac for the riding mower but it just does not make any sense......still looking.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be a bit disappointed if I see gasoline lawn equipment once they're open, tho. That is possible now.
If that does happen I would be surprised if someone doesn't take pictures and splash them all over social media. How embarrassing would that be for Elon and Tesla?

So yeah, all of Tesla's factories should be maintained by electric lawn equipment. That's not unreasonable at all. By doing this Tesla would show leadership in corporate environmental responsibility in more than just making cars and trucks.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did look at electric riding...
Look at robots. The electric robots are pretty good at it. i have a friend who mows a couple acres with one. It does a little bit every day. The first few days, it would go out two or three times to catch up. And it got stuck alot learning the terrain, but now it does it without help. He named it 'dammit, fred'.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know that in some case it is possible to have some electric powered lawn equipment but a lot of commercial properties have large scale landscapes that require commerical styled equipment to manage it in a reasonable time factor. I have a large lawn at my home and it takes about two hours for me to cut the lawn. I did look at electric riding lawn mowers, it would do the job for me but not sure it could bag the clippings, I could by a gas powered vac for the riding mower but it just does not make any sense......still looking.

Maybe not close to you but a nice selection MEANGREEN MOWERS

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe not close to you but a nice selection MEANGREEN MOWERS
Yeah really nice equipment, the specifications are 7 hr run time for riding and walk behind mowers, I know its out of my cost arena but commercial grade stuff for sure.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Should Tesla make this a policy with some exceptions/exemptions?

If Elon truly wants to make good on his goals for getting rid of ICE vehicles should Tesla not help in any way possible?

Such as leasing out Tesla cars to employees at a discount over a 2-4 yr period then releasing those cars for resale?
(This goes back decades, and I did not hear it firsthand, so could be an urban myth.) In the Ford assembly plant not far from me, employees who drove to work in other than a Ford had to park further away (or some-such) -- until their union put a stop to it, whereupon more of the employee-parked vehicles were non-Fords.

There will surely be more and more Teslas in Tesla-employee lots once lower-cost Teslas (or incentives to buy current ones) become available. Pressure would be a bad idea. As for utility vehicles, I've watched the flyovers daily, and have yet to see anything battery-powered (not sure about the lights).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As for utility vehicles, I've watched the flyovers daily, and have yet to see anything battery-powered (not sure about the lights).
Yeah, but all electric equipment is hard to come by yet.

Once they have the roof up, I'd expect more EV equipment under it. This is the factory to change the world, it's gonna hafta be built with old tools.

The first chicken was born from an egg laid by a non-chicken.

-Crissa
Sponsored