Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
I would like to see amber turn signals to the rear, maybe even a little tech in “scanning” turn signals that run in the direction of the turn. As of this posting I have not seen video of the vehicle with signals on. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration published reports that amber rear turn signals are safer than red signals. US manufacturers have consistently produced vehicles with red turn signals and I’m curious why Tesla has followed this practice? This company is clearly focused on safety.

Some truck owners will be adding auxiliary safety lights. I’m curious if these might be integrated into the vault gate light assembly. Specifically would like to see Red, Amber, White lights - (brake, turn, back up), with programmability for utility vehicles without having to add exterior assemblies and related drag. Make the lights integrated in the vault gate programable to achieve strobe effects or directional scanning.

If a third brake light is added, it might also be multifunctional full width across the cab, illuminates center 1/3rd during deceleration/regeneration but full width illumination during braking, programable for other uses.

Similarly, on the front over the cab light, it would be useful to some truck users to have this “off road” light programmable for sequencing flash patterns.
Sponsored

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
There will have to be a third brake light. Current federal DOT regs require a third brake light on every vehicle manufactured since 1993.

I like where your head’s at with the lights. ??

OP
OP
Huntsman

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Anyone notice the main headlight in the photos from Leno’s garage shoot? The middle section is not on, only the corners similar to a conventional vehicle - with fog lights on. Curious when the middle comes on - is the full length LED a DRL that comes on in auto mode? Middle section is off in headlight mode unless off road light is on then all lights come on?

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
I wouldn't mind if the middle section only came on when you had off-road lights on, looks good with the gap in the middle in my opinion.

OP
OP
Huntsman

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck SIGNALS, third brake light, and utility lighting Clearance lts 1
Tesla Cybertruck SIGNALS, third brake light, and utility lighting Clearance lts 2

I recently watched the CyberShow from a different angle, this was recorded from the left side of the viewing area and captured CLEARANCE LIGHTS above the cab. I have not seen these in any night time photos. The test drives that night showed many forward views but most had the off-road driving light illuminated. Curious if the clearance marker lights might function from the off-road driving light or are they completely separate.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Clearance lts 1.png
Clearance lts 2.png

I recently watched the CyberShow from a different angle, this was recorded from the left side of the viewing area and captured CLEARANCE LIGHTS above the cab. I have not seen these in any night time photos. The test drives that night showed many forward views but most had the off-road driving light illuminated. Curious if the clearance marker lights might function from the off-road driving light or are they completely separate.

Nice catch!

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
...in Australia cars must have amber rear lights...
...I remember being confused upon learning US cars do not...
...it seems genuinely insane to me...
...but then so do imperial measurements...

OP
OP
Huntsman

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck SIGNALS, third brake light, and utility lighting 1612476840559

Over cab clearance lights are separate from off road laser lights
Zoom in to the top of the windshield where you can see both.

Last edited:

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
EU cars don't have amber rear markers, either.

I prefer amber turn signals, but honestly, I don't think it matters as much as the center/upper rear brake lamp.

-Crissa
In Europe Teslas have amber turn signals. Some American cars used to get special permission to have red turn signals but these days they are either converted by the importer or delivered with amber.

My model 3 also has one white reverse light because cars also must have a red rear fog light (which takes that position on the other side on the Model 3 at least).
Sponsored