OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
1) What was last/current ICE truck brand & model/trim use for Boss XT 8'2" VPlow
2) What factory options did you need to order?
3) Can you buy the plow from the same dealer as truck?
4) After getting truck what work would be needed to mount the plow?
5) What was important to get bank to finance truck & plow??
Basically to mount a plow frame to the truck is four to six bolts even I could do it if I cared to do so. I let professionals do it. Some dealers have trucks with plows already mounted so you can by the unit ready to plow we just want to know if it now going to be possible. Ford let’s you order a snowplow prep package. It would be nice to hear something like that is available before we configure which will be coming up very soon I suspect.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I feel like this is maybe .05 percent of people who own pickups use plows on them.

I mean you cant please everyone

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Cybertruck will have high torque and stainless frame which may make it very attractive to those who want to do that, though.

So these guys are going to be over-represented. Even if they're a fraction of a percent of users ^-^

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Cybertruck will have high torque and stainless frame which may make it very attractive to those who want to do that, though.

So these guys are going to be over-represented. Even if they're a fraction of a percent of users ^-^

-Crissa
And highly motivated to create their own 1-off solution if something isn’t available in the marketplace.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Besides the Cybertruck having much better low speed torque than ICE truck another reason Cybertruck might be better is because transmission is sturdier and simpler.

Snowplow Tips: Protecting Your Truck Transmission During Snow Removal
One of the most common vehicle problems encountered while plowing is damage to the transmission. Overheating the transmission fluid as well as improper use, can contribute to the problem.
Posted by Jodie Gilroy
Jan 19, 2012
https://info.bossplow.com/blog/blog...g-your-truck-transmission-during-snow-removal

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I feel like this is maybe .05 percent of people who own pickups use plows on them.
Ford 1/2 ton trucks it must be more than .05 percent for all the options there are

Even lighter trucks like Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Dakota are used

---------------------------

Top 10 Light-Duty Trucks and SUVs for Plowing [2020]
https://www.snowplowsdirect.com/top-trucks

8. Jeep Cherokee
While the Jeep Cherokee is not going to be your an optimal solution for a large parking lot, it’s a perfect vehicle for tight spots, corners, and sidewalks. Just be sure the snow piles don’t get stuck in your grille. As long as you keep an eye on the engine temperature you’ll be made in the shade. And remember, running the heat will not only keep you nice and toasty inside your Jeep, but it will keep things cooler in the engine bay by driving the heat into the cab.
Plus, it's got a spacious interior for when the kids want to see what plowing snow looks like from the inside of the vehicle.

7. GMC Sierra
A GMC Sierra is a great plow truck for one big reason, GMC has one of the premier plow packages in the business available for it. Not only does the Sierra package include an improved alternator, backup power wiring harness, and improved suspension – it also comes with a high-flow front bumper, a high capacity air filter, and even a little mounting location for your plow’s remote control.
This package is a little pricier than some other plow packages at nearly $400, but it’s easy to see that they’re not skimping on anything.

6. Dodge Dakota
As you may have noticed, your Dodge Dakota has tow hook slots along the front bumper as a standard OEM feature. That’s because this truck is designed not only to haul some serious cargo, but to take a winch or snow plow up front with no issue. Plus, with up to 250 HP and 345 foot-pounds of torque, your Dakota can really get the snow drifts quaking in their boots.
With added weight in the front and extra slickness on the road, you might want to throw a few sandbags in the back for traction. But other than that, you'll be good to go all winter long in this rig.

5. Jeep Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler is a very popular vehicle to plow with and it’s no wonder – these are tough vehicles that are designed to drive across all kinds of terrain. Not only that, but your Wrangler can likely turn and maneuver itself a lot better than many trucks can. It may seem like a small thing, but when you really get to plowing an area like a commercial parking lot it makes a world of difference.
Jeep owners like to say "You may be fast, but where I'm going you wouldn't make it." It's true. If where you're going is a fresh snow bank, speed won't be of much help, but your powerful Jeep Wrangler will be.

4. Toyota Tundra
Toyota is historically a little stingy on the plow package front, in fact they don’t even offer one for the Tundra. But take our word for it, we’ve had dozens of customers order a plow for a Toyota Tundra and we have yet to hear any complaints. It’s simply a beast of a truck and when you combine that with a beast of a plow like a DK2 you’ll be capable of pushing some serious snow. You’ll just need to do a little bit of wiring yourself, but it’s a far cry from rocket science.
Toyota's slogan is "Moving Forward", and when you see how your Tundra moves snow you'll be convinced that it's true in any weather.

All-New Ford F-150 Adds Tough New Snow Plow Prep Option Across All Cab Configurations
Feb 6, 2014
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...tough-new-snow-plow-prep-option-across-a.html

General Motors Fleet - UPFIT APPLICATIONS - SNOW PLOW/SPREADER
Chevrolet and GMC trucks equipped with the available Snow Plow Prep Package are ready to tackle the worst weather. Our prep packages are designed to simplify the upfit† process as well as make the heavy loads imposed by snow plows and salt/sand spreaders manageable. Plus, features such as a high-output alternator and provisions for roof emergency lights help make clearing the roads safer and easier.
COMPATIBLE MODELS
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- GMC Sierra 1500
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500HD/GMC Sierra 2500/3500HD and higher
https://www.gmfleet.com/vehicles/upfit-applications/plow-spreader

Last edited:
OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
My first plow truck was a Ford F-150. I now use a Jeep Wrangler and a Toyota Tundra and a Ram 2500. After running Ford trucks for 18 years I have given up on Fords due to too many repairs. My Tundra has had no issues or repairs for
Four years. Jeep is an 07 so I have had some repairs. My last F250 had over $14,000 warranty and unwarranted work in the first four years. I want to experience the torque of my CT pushing snow. I hope they make it happen.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

-Crissa
Agreed

Besides the high torque & stainless steel

Lower noise levels to reduce chance of waking sleeping customer during early morning jobs.

The Cybertruck has the power of 3/4 ton trucks without the 3/4 fuel use.

The Cybertruck has better front vs rear weight distribution so you do not have to add 400-500 lbs to bed to get better traction with the rear wheels (the weight is always there :) .

If Tesla makes it easy to mount snow plow onCybertruck, in the future The Cybertruck might have a higher percentage using plows than seen with F-150 & other 1/2 tons and many moving from 3/4 ton to Cybertruck.

The Cybertruck already has all the power.
Who cares if it can beat a Porsche. What want to see it plowing more miles of parking lot, faster and cheaper than 3/4 ton truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Right on

OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Currently that is my plan for the CT unless they announce a plow prep package.

Gwgans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas
Country flag
A handful of shops in my rural Northeast area will put a plow on just about anything. The plow brand limits choices more than the truck type. I hope to be able to replace my Tudra with the CT but think that a full width snowblower would be a better fit for an EV. Still hoping for good news early in the new year. Happy New Year plow people!

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
So now that the CT is showing up in peoples driveways (in TX and CA anyway) and we are getting this 10 feet of snow, has anyone figured out how to plow with theirs yet?

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
So now that the CT is showing up in peoples driveways (in TX and CA anyway) and we are getting this 10 feet of snow, has anyone figured out how to plow with theirs yet?
No one has cracked the code on how to mount the plow in the front, with the frunk etc it is going to be difficult form an engineering standpoint.

OP
OP

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
rear hitch drag/push plow
Sponsored