Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I fiddled around with the images we got tonight and once again applied my pixel gimmick...

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... CT-Size

So, we now know for sure the CT is on 35 inch tires. We also have a clear image of the truck in profile.
Chip Geek's photo was taken with a Pixel camera, so I used lens correction software for the pixel's lens.

I then resized the image so that the tires were 35 pixels in diameter and in round which means every pixel is equal to one inch.

What I got was an overall length of 220 inches (pixels) for the length. No DOUBT. Once you proof the tires to 35" on the left and right sides of the image the lens distortion is removed. The CT is definitely going to be shorter. They clipped the nose and pushed the bed further into the cabin a few inches retaining it's full size. There's no indication after this evening that the bed was shortened. This prototype is only 2 inches longer than a Jeep Gladiator.

So, what we have is a bullpup - Full firepower and capability in the tightest package possible.

I'm sticking by it not being anywhere near 230+ inches as originally announced.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Just from looking at it I think the roof apex has also moved forwards. The front bumper and hood also up a bit, probably to compensate for the roof angles.

But this is still not the curved windscreen version from the track, and I haven't found any photos yet that show the rear roof extension into the bed space.

As for everything being "tighter" I originally commented years ago (literally) that the front packaging of the CT was fairly poorly executed, and that they either needed to put the spare in there, or a big frunk an or move the seats forward to get rid of the genormous dash. It appears they are heading that direction, but I'm still trying to place where exactly the curved windscreen fits in.

Is the curved windscreen version just a testbed, or is it the next iteration, that they will only present once it's finally design "finalized"?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
There's tons left in the air, but I think for sure the CT is going to be under 225 inches in length. I think the ones with the wiper are the ones with a curved windscreen.

Also just did a comparison using the same technique with the Gladiator and it matches up closely. The Gladiator is listed as 76 inches tall and it ends up 4-5 pixels taller than my CT pixel-push.
Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... Comparo

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It can rise or lower 4 inches either way... I see online it's 193sm

72 lowest

76 (193cm) middle

80 highest

So by your reckoning, it is fully lowered at the front. The peak looks like its leaning forward, but I think its because the back is higher. It may mean the 72 is a tad inaccurate, but I think you have the length right.

I'd be happy it's a bit shorter, for my use, I can park it easier

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There's tons left in the air, but I think for sure the CT is going to be under 225 inches in length. I think the ones with the wiper are the ones with a curved windscreen.

Also just did a comparison using the same technique with the Gladiator and it matches up closely. The Gladiator is listed as 76 inches tall and it ends up 4-5 pixels taller than my CT pixel-push.
Comparo.jpg
So none of the CT's there had the curved windscreen from what I can tell from all the rodeo photos I have found so far.

This is how it looks like, there is a distinct bow in the roof apex and funk hood too. Even the front grill seems to of been rounded off a bit. This is also the source for the extended roof into the bed, which seems to be the same as the CT used on stage from a video grab I've seen, but there is no noticeable curve in that windscreen either.

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... 1649406183221

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I fiddled around with the images we got tonight and once again applied my pixel gimmick...

CT-Size.jpg

So, we now know for sure the CT is on 35 inch tires. We also have a clear image of the truck in profile.
Chip Geek's photo was taken with a Pixel camera, so I used lens correction software for the pixel's lens.

I then resized the image so that the tires were 35 pixels in diameter and in round which means every pixel is equal to one inch.

What I got was an overall length of 220 inches (pixels) for the length. No DOUBT. Once you proof the tires to 35" on the left and right sides of the image the lens distortion is removed. The CT is definitely going to be shorter. They clipped the nose and pushed the bed further into the cabin a few inches retaining it's full size. There's no indication after this evening that the bed was shortened. This prototype is only 2 inches longer than a Jeep Gladiator.

So, what we have is a bullpup - Full firepower and capability in the tightest package possible.

I was so worried that the CT wouldn't fit in my 1 car garage where my Model 3 charges and would have to always Supercharge this beast but if your measurements are correct I have about 5" of clearance. Woohoo!!!

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag

Comparo.jpg
sheesh, i sure hope its 225 inches, i might be able to squeeze this baby into my garage

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think Tesla heard loud and clear from reservation holders: Make the Cybertruck garageable!!!

The slightly altered appearance from the concept looks fine to me. I really like the short snout and long bed appearance.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

CT-Size.jpg

Not to wrench your dims, but I don’t think those are 35” tires? How do you read this.

Tesla Cybertruck So, Let's Talk About Size Again... 864D06DD-CB49-48CC-AECC-A5C68E73B5A4

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
"Garagable". *sigh* So, make a mini truck so we can all fit it in the garage. Right. No thanks.
Loudly chanted from the “I need a truck because Tesla made a truck” crowd. Those buyers might not be true truck users, they just want the gadget… but they’re the bigger part of truck buyers.
I need a big bed.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Loudly chanted from the “I need a truck because Tesla made a truck” crowd. Those buyers might not be true truck users, they just want the gadget… but they’re the bigger part of truck buyers.
I need a big bed.
I don't need a truck. It would be convenient to have one on occasion, and this will do the towing and carrying that I sometimes need. I *want* an off-road toy, and this will do that very well. I *want* an electric because now I hate HATE driving ICE, and I hate not having AP. So I sold my Rubicon Gladiator months ago, as I never drove it. That was a nice occasional truck with enough bed, and a great off-road toy. But not electric and no AP, so I stopped driving it.

There may be more people like me than people who NEED a long bed, and certainly few people need more towing capacity than the CT provides. Looking around my neighborhood, only one pickup does actual work. The rest are just DDs with a convenient bed and a little bit of occasional towing.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Your height might be off as well.. Hard to tell from the adjustable shock heights and Elon wearing A 10 gallon hat, but when he was standing right next to it on stage he appeared to be just slightly shorter than the truck. Which would put the truck closer to 75" height. Either way, truck bed length looked much bigger with him standing next to it than any of the potato overhead drone stuff we've seen recently.

Want a truck. Not a hybrid best of both worlds. But I'll take a hybrid if it doesn't compromise on bed length!

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Not to wrench your dims, but I don’t think those are 35” tires? How do you read this.
Go to a tire calculator and you'll see that size tire is considered a 35" tire. Not all 35s are exactly 35.
Now...with regard to how the rest of the measurements pan out...I have no idea.
Sponsored

Last edited: