bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now-M3 RWD, Taycan CT4 Past-MS90D,BMW i3,Polestar2
Country flag
So there are rumors that there'll be no slide out ramps from the tailgate, and if true it'd be hard to get onto the bed. Ford F150 has the optional slide out step and vertical grab bar and others have various fold down contractions in the tailgate. I'd be so disappointed if there's no easy way to get onto the bed, and so will my big 100 pound German Shepherd.
Sponsored

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Aside for the air suspension. Tesla has a dedicated aftermarket team that will have products ready at launch. There will be solutions to easy problems like this. No need to worry. If you’re in a pinch you can chuck a 2x6 in the bed.

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm hoping for the ramp too.

If not default then at least as an available option.

I suppose it's possible that you'll be able to configure the air suspension to automatically drop the back to 0, which might put the entry level closer to crossover SUV height.

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you look at the potential user/need for a built in ramp in the tailgate it’s a low demand option. Probably after thorough consideration and engineering discussions they decided to omit that option.
Cant blame them. Probably less than 1% need/will use it. Now having an easy way to step into the bed may be something they’ll offer as an aftermarket. If not, they’ll be tons of aftermarket makers coming up with clever solutions. They’ll probably be better than what they came up with.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
That's actually very promising. Elon tends to ship the concept.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
So there are rumors that there'll be no slide out ramps from the tailgate, and if true it'd be hard to get onto the bed. Ford F150 has the optional slide out step and vertical grab bar and others have various fold down contractions in the tailgate. I'd be so disappointed if there's no easy way to get onto the bed, and so will my big 100 pound German Shepherd.
It would be disappointing to lose the ramp, and so my dog would have to jump into the back seat, but I cannot have lumber and other building materials, or items, 'jump' into the bed. I would have to build or buy external ramps for the big things so I really liked the idea of having a ramp in the tailgate. But life goes on; that is not my biggest concern right now and I could live with that change.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I don’t think the ramp will be built-in, which would have been ideal, but there will definitely be an accessory. If it’s an accessory it’s probably lighter and more cost effective to produce. The same might be true of the air compressor.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The one they had at the unveiling fit into the tailgate. It was in three sections. Why do you think that it would no longer fit into the current tailgate? The original looked like it was solid. They could have changed it to semi solid and still kept it in 3 sections to reduce the weight. They could have done lots of things. I do not see anything going on with the tailgate that would have precluded a ramp. Others say it was dropped due to cost. This is definitely a thing that would qualify as a factory-installed option (that I would want). If fact, I could see several factory-installed options that I would go for if offered.

OP
OP

bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now-M3 RWD, Taycan CT4 Past-MS90D,BMW i3,Polestar2
Country flag
two layer tailgate w/ the top layer able to slide back and down to line up even with the bottom layer would work just fine.
Sponsored