Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Since the delivery event, I've been trying to figure out what to do. Friday when it was announced Point of Purchase credits were approved. I bought a new Model Y. I've been on this forum for over 4 years and it's going to be difficult, but now that I decided the Cybertruck is not in my future for many years, and I am VERY happy with my new Model Y. It's time for Sirfun to head off into the sunset. I'll still check in from time to time. Take Care friends!!😍

PXL_20240114_010923216.jpg
Sponsored

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
Since the delivery event, I've been trying to figure out what to do. Friday when it was announced Point of Purchase credits were approved. I bought a new Model Y. I've been on this forum for over 4 years and it's going to be difficult, but now that I decided the Cybertruck is not in my future for many years, and I am VERY happy with my new Model Y. It's time for Sirfun to head off into the sunset. I'll still check in from time to time. Take Care friends!!😍

Model Y looks beautiful in the sunset. I haven’t been on this forum nearly as long, but I get the sense of camaraderie amongst the folks here. My guess is you will be missed. But enjoy that ride. I have many friends and family members who absolutely love their Y.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Model Y is a great vehicle. I'm on my second one.

If you ever decide you want a Tesla truck, I recommend permanently removing the rear hatch of your Model Y and using it as a truck bed. Maybe have a custom tailgate made for it. Same thing.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Time to sell your RN 😆

Congratulations!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
You will love the Model Y. We pulled the trigger on a 2021 almost 3-years ago. Almost 49k miles and zero issues other than a loose rear view mirror.

We installed a new set of Michelin tires at 32k, replaced the cabin air filter and installed a new set of wiper blades.

Our favorite features include the incredible Tesla charging network, top notch software, sewing machine smooth drivetrain, minimal maintenance, regenerative braking, instant acceleration and the convenience using the PAAK.

We will be purchasing another Model Y as soon as Project Juniper debuts sometime this year. If it’s anything like the refreshed Model 3 it’s going to be worth the wait.

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
I honestly think from a value perspective, you can’t beat the Y. I don’t own one, but it’s an appealing proposition. Basically zero maintenance (of course, it’s a Tesla) and an optional 3rd row for extra passengers, plus all the Tesla goodies like SC network, AP/FSD, etc. And you’ve got a smaller profile for fitting in tight spots, despite it being a crossover type SUV. The list goes on, but getting all that in a package that costs under $50k, especially if you opt to buy one “off the lot.” You can option a Honda CRV that exceeds it in cost. We live in strange times

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I honestly think from a value perspective, you can’t beat the Y. I don’t own one, but it’s an appealing proposition. Basically zero maintenance (of course, it’s a Tesla) and an optional 3rd row for extra passengers, plus all the Tesla goodies like SC network, AP/FSD, etc. And you’ve got a smaller profile for fitting in tight spots, despite it being a crossover type SUV. The list goes on, but getting all that in a package that costs under $50k, especially if you opt to buy one “off the lot.” You can option a Honda CRV that exceeds it in cost. We live in strange times
EXACTLY! I bought mine from inventory with 5 miles on the odometer for less than 43K out the door. That's an incredible deal!!

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
EXACTLY! I bought mine from inventory with 5 miles on the odometer for less than 43K out the door. That's an incredible deal!!
Nice! That is a great buy IMO. Comparing other ICE vehicles, and then adding the gas and service costs you save, huge win.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Bummer, but enjoy the Y!

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Joe,

Congrats on the new MYLR. I’m working in your area most days now. Feel free to DM me and we can get together for lunch sometime. Enjoy the new car!

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
With the texts from Tesla letting me know about $ off and tax incentives it is understandable, especially at about 1/3 the cost of the CT.
Congrats on your new vehicle.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Sir you were fun to have as part of the family here. Please check in. You will be missed for sure.

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It is a bit of an extended family and I will miss that. And I'm really going to miss when some of you get your CT and post photos of them. Maybe there could be a thread all about that, and periodically some of us could check back in here, and see how that's working out. Cheers friend 🍻
Sponsored