Software Update disappeared?

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Did anyone else have the new update (w/ trailer alarm, auto wiper update, etc.) download to their truck and then disappear? I was out and stopped somewhere and received a pop up on screen that the update had downloaded. I hit the X because I didn’t want to install until I was home. I got home, and the update is gone. No idea what happened to it. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
What does Setting - Software say? Is there something waiting or are you up to date?

Dclewis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Did anyone else have the new update (w/ trailer alarm, auto wiper update, etc.) download to their truck and then disappear? I was out and stopped somewhere and received a pop up on screen that the update had downloaded. I hit the X because I didn’t want to install until I was home. I got home, and the update is gone. No idea what happened to it. Anyone else?
Yes, that happened to me yesterday. I tried the double scroll wheel restart which then got my main screen stuck on “black screen”. I had to take it to the service center this morning for them to do a hard reset. I was told that they walked back the update after it was pushed to my truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
M
What does Setting - Software say? Is there something waiting or are you up to date?
Nope nothing there. But as others are saying… all good. I’ll just wait. Still having fun with this new guy!

sgmorton

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100DL+. M3P, CT
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
Yes. I had it show for a couple of days while I was on a road trip. Got home and on wifi a and... It's gone. Poof!

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Sometimes they will pull it. There is no rhyme or reason, but sometimes I would say if you pass long enough they will replace you in the que for the next one. As next one is closer. I did notice I was one of the first to get the new one. Bet the last to get the next. I didn't notice anything of change.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Mine also had an update (2024.8.7), but it was gone by the time I got home. I wonder if it got pulled.

ColonelZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2020 Model X Raven
Country flag
Yup same here. Said there was an update, I scheduled it for overnight, overnight came and there was no update.

Blu_Beauties

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla Cybertruck Cyberbeast
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I also received the notification that there was an update needed. My vehicle was at the wrap shop. When I went to pick it up, the update was no longer showing available and nothing in the settings showing pending either.

Travis64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla mp3 and awd cybertruck
Country flag
Same happen to me today
I am on 2024.8.8
Is that the latest?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Same happen to me today
I am on 2024.8.8
Is that the latest?
Go into Settings - Software and scroll down, it will tell you if you are on the latest for your vehicle.

Tesla often doesn't let all vehicles run the same software, actually it's rare that everyone is on the same release.

If you are not on a release that you want, the car will get it IF AND ONLY IF TESLA wants it to. There is nothing that you can do.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
FWIW 8.7 had some funkiness with the auto wiper so probably a good thing if you skip it.