Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 single motor LR, 2021 Model S Plaid
Occupation
Senior Litigation Support Analyst, Tesla Investor
Country flag
-wireless charging on my wife’s IPhone 12 overheats quickly without charging
-option for wipers to always stay in the up position. When in the bottom position it takes away a little visibility. I’d sacrifice range for it
-I’m unable to move my steering wheel when I’m in park without moving my tires
-when watching Netflix, the main screen picture shrinks when the rear screen is watching too. If you close the rear screen, the picture size on the main screen maximizes again
-rear and front camera white tire lines are warped. It’s more difficult to navigate. My model 3 and Plaid’s rear camera white tire lines are more accurate.
I loose at least 2 percentages when I charge at night to 80%. I start charging at 11pm start of off-peak hours, then drive it around 7am. There are mornings when it starts at 76%.. my truck is covered the same way as my model 3 and plaid. Phantom drain is more
-hardware issue, but need to be able to wash rear camera during drive. When it rains, it really gets unclear.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Nothing they can do about the iphone. Magsafe ruined compatibility with non magsafe wireless chargers. Even if you do manage to get it to charge, it gets extremely hot from the magnet ring between the charger and the wireless coil.

And unfortunately, this seems to be the way forward. Qi 2 standard will bring magsafe to android phones, so those will start to be crap also.

OP
OP

Aacosta96

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 single motor LR, 2021 Model S Plaid
Occupation
Senior Litigation Support Analyst, Tesla Investor
Country flag
Nothing they can do about the iphone. Magsafe ruined compatibility with non magsafe wireless chargers. Even if you do manage to get it to charge, it gets extremely hot from the magnet ring between the charger and the wireless coil.

And unfortunately, this seems to be the way forward. Qi 2 standard will bring magsafe to android phones, so those will start to be crap also.
Why does it charge in the plaid, but doesn’t in the cybertruck?

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Why does it charge in the plaid, but doesn’t in the cybertruck?
Better alignment of the coil. Still gets hot in the plaid right?

Also, it's possible the cybertruck has the multi coil technology that they had in the standalone charger they released. It's super helpful for not needing perfect alignment, but even worse for heat on magsafe phones

Tesla Cybertruck Software update/feature request 1708286619863

https://shop.tesla.com/product/wireless-charging-platform
Sponsored