Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It wouldn't be so hard to make a portable version.

But by replacement necessity the tailgate has to be able to come off.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I want a pic (like the T-Rex ripping out through a wall) of a Wolverine ripping out through the tail-gate...ON MY WOLVERINE truck!

Marvin112

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta
Country flag
I am not so sure but would be happy if you find it helpful.
Laser engraver creates readable marks by generating a visual contrast between the text and the background. It does so through two methods: change of color or change in specular reflection. Machine laser can also perform more than just engraving; they can also do ablation (etching), annealing, color change (carbonization/bleaching), and, foaming. Learn more here.

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
I like the idea. of rivets along the edges and ww2 plane nose art (like of Betty Grable). also remember with so many trucks out there all looking the same. your going to want yours too look different. come out from the mall and have 12 trucks and there is nothing to tell them a part?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I like the idea. of rivets along the edges and ww2 plane nose art (like of Betty Grable). also remember with so many trucks out there all looking the same. your going to want yours too look different. come out from the mall and have 12 trucks and there is nothing to tell them a part?

Picture this:
Stainless steel Cybertruck with a Flying Tigers paint job in the front.
Tesla Cybertruck stainless steel laser engraving 1607834957200

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I know it’s an old thread, but I just noticed it. This would be super easy to do. I’ve set up five laser marking heads so far on the end of five-axis robots, so doing the same on a simple two-axis (CNC) should be dead simple. I’ve even got one at home that was purpose built for marking stainless (long story there). The only downfall is that the cheapest “dependable” laser etcher for industrial use starts at a little over 20 grand.

Random fun fact: the above mentioned laser takes about 20 seconds to light an office desk on fire.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I know it’s an old thread, but I just noticed it. This would be super easy to do. I’ve set up five laser marking heads so far on the end of five-axis robots, so doing the same on a simple two-axis (CNC) should be dead simple. I’ve even got one at home that was purpose built for marking stainless (long story there). The only downfall is that the cheapest “dependable” laser etcher for industrial use starts at a little over 20 grand.

Random fun fact: the above mentioned laser takes about 20 seconds to light an office desk on fire.
And HOW do we know how long it takes? :sneaky:

It isn't so much the acquisition cost if you believe this could be a popular option. To make money though you need to exceed operational costs and amortized capital equipment costs.

So, how much do laser etchers cost to run?

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
And HOW do we know how long it takes? :sneaky:

It isn't so much the acquisition cost if you believe this could be a popular option. To make money though you need to exceed operational costs and amortized capital equipment costs.

So, how much do laser etchers cost to run?
To answer the first question, I was testing the new toy at my desk and didn’t know one of my co-workers had flipped the key to switch it from target to live. It has a target mode that lets you make sure you’ve got the pattern aimed right where it uses a harmless, but easily visible frequency. Oops!

As far as operating costs, virtually none. It’s powered off standard 120 and uses roughly twice what a PC uses. In theory, it’s supposed to be maintenance free for up to 20,000 hours of lasing. Something like a 3” Tesla logo would take about one to two minutes depending on how dark you wanted it.

I have zero interest in trying to monitize this. Just sharing info since I play with these toys all the time.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I like the idea of laser etching a Tri/Dual/Single model designation on the lower right of the tailgate. It would look cooler than a traditional adhesive backed 3D emblem. It would also deter Single and Dual owners from “cloning“ their trucks into a Tri Motor model.
I guess there will be posers in every situation. But, the proof is what happens when you press the accelerator.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Caring about whether a random observer is able to tell if you have a S, D, or T motor Cybertruck is superficial at best. Pompous even. Who cares? If you need to measure your self worth by the appearance of how much you spent on your vehicle, then go for it. I’m happy that nobody will know what’s under my hood.
Sponsored