Stellantis CEO gives up against Tesla?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Pretty much explains why we've seen no full EV from the Dodge / Jeep / Chrysler group. "They need more time " ie we wasted the last 10 years doing nothing and we've been caught bent over with our pants at our ankles.
All the legacy OEMs had more than 10 years to prepare. They had at minimum 15 years (Elon made public Master Plan) or maybe as much as 22 years if you count 1990s GM EV1 with NiMH batteries that proved battery energy density was then (1999) high enough to make first steps in transition.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Those building battery factories are planning to be major players.

Those who aren't, are planning on not being major players.

-Crissa
That nails it!

Stellantis hari-kari act poisons future sales of existing marques with zero battery technology. Hybrids have to be side-eyeing Stellantis‘ confession that OEM’s are faking it. Brands? Doomed. Models? In an ICE hyperreal cataclysm
who knows more than Stellantis, turnaround artist extraordinaire.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
What this guy says.
He convinced me to go all in on Tesla stock.
Legacy automakers are screwed, blued and tattooed.
They are not being killed by Tesla and other established EV manufacturers, they are committing slow suicide.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What this guy says.
He convinced me to go all in on Tesla stock.
Legacy automakers are screwed, blued and tattooed.
They are not being killed by Tesla and other established EV manufacturers, they are committing slow suicide.
You trust a guy who is talking about trucks from his kitchen?

Pshaw

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
You trust a guy who is talking about trucks from his kitchen?
I trust a guy that's holding 6.4 million worth of Tesla stock.
He's been buying it since it was less than 100 bucks a share.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I trust a guy that's holding 6.4 million worth of Tesla stock.
He's been buying it since it was less than 100 bucks a share.
He’s a billionaire doing YouTube videos from his kitchen?

I mean maybe. I guess.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I've met more millionaires at thrift stores than I've met anywhere else.
I guess he could spend a ton of money building a fancy set to broadcast from but maybe he's taking a clue from Elon.......why spend money to impress people that you don't need to impress in the first place.
May I suggest you watch a few of his videos and then pass judgement.
I watched a bunch of them and did a lot of independent research before I bought the first share of Tesla stock.
My background is military public affairs and I am a published writer (military and civilian publications) so I am no stranger to doing in depth research on subjects.
Tesla stock dove today and I bought some more.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

I mean maybe. I guess.
Where did you get billionaire? Actually, he does make pretty interesting videos. One thing, Quicksilver. Steven himself says, "don't take my word for it, go out and do some of your own research".

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Where did you get billionaire? Actually, he does make pretty interesting videos. One thing, Quicksilver. Steven himself says, "don't take my word for it, go out and do some of your own research".
I thought you said 6.4 million shares
 re-read makes more sense now!

Don’t mind me, just poor reading comprehension.

I don’t need to be sold to invest in Tesla. “All In”? Eh. Not so much. “Plenty in”

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I thought you said 6.4 million shares
 re-read makes more sense now!

Don’t mind me, just poor reading comprehension.

I don’t need to be sold to invest in Tesla. “All In”? Eh. Not so much. “Plenty in”
LOL
After you asked about him being a billionaire, I did a quick calculation in my head and thought, “yep, valid question”. Had to go back just now to reread the original statement.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A couple things.

#1 I don’t talk about how much money I have invested in any company. I think it’s a little weird when people do.

#2 I talk to people who are Tesla millionaires a lot on the investors forum at TMC so someone who made $6.4m on Tesla just isn’t too impressive. There are at least 20-30 regular posters on there who I believe have made quite a bit more on Tesla than that. Cost basis of $100/ share is not particularly impressive. That’s not too far back.

#3 Lots of people making all sorts of claims about making tons of money on Tesla and the market. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn’t. Personally, I feel like the more specific about how much money people claim they’ve made, the less likely it is to be true. Most of the people who have made tons of money on Tesla **Don’t actually talk about numbers at all**.

Rob Mauer—the Tesla Daily guy—is likely a Tesla Millionaire several times over. Just based on the fact that he has been talking about share price and Tesla investing activities, for 4+ years, it would be hard to imagine he isn’t. But Rob never talks about his personal wealth
 very very few professionals do.

Not panning this guy. I just thought it was funny that he was posting from his kitchen. No idea about the rest though.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
LOL
After you asked about him being a billionaire, I did a quick calculation in my head and thought, “yep, valid question”. Had to go back just now to reread the original statement.
All this talk about Billionaires made me giggle a bit. We have been so accustomed to the word Billion, we loose understanding of how much that really is.

If I saved $100,000 every year it would take me 10 years to have a million, but it would take me 10,000 years to have a Billion. Now if someone had 6.4 million shares of Tesla that is valued at $1000 a share, they would have 6.4 of those Billions of dollars.
Even if you saved a million dollars a year, it would take you 6,400 years to acquire that wealth. :)

And, when I looked up the Forbes 400. There would be 150 people in the U.S. with more money/worth than that!
Sponsored

Last edited: