John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
@ Tesla (even though there is no guarantee you will see the message)

Consider making the ATV squat, handlebars rotate down so the ATV fits under tonneau cover.

just a thought I think would wow the potential customers.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Consider making the ATV squat, handlebars rotate down so the ATV fits under tonneau cover.

That would be seriously awesome. And while they are at it, a button you can press so the quad loads itself.

Though they could do it a lot less expensive and almost as efficient if they just made a flexible cover that pulled over the top.

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
That would be seriously awesome. And while they are at it, a button you can press so the quad loads itself.

Though they could do it a lot less expensive and almost as efficient if they just made a flexible cover that pulled over the top.
Blasphemy! I mean, still like tonneau cover. ?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

Tesla Cybertruck Stowing cyberATV in the bed 886C9EA1-B716-4A22-8BE3-34024EC2B3EE

Basically, collapsible front forks. Then break away rear ½ of quad fairing to lay atop tires in travel mode.

And JK. John wants Alien loading that walks up the CT ramp on its own. That’s all totally doable. A re-engineered fork setup, redesign the fairing and electric modification for an Alien invisible winch remote.

Just missing the dual-use MVP application on the Alien bit.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
886C9EA1-B716-4A22-8BE3-34024EC2B3EE.jpeg

Basically, collapsible front forks. Then break away rear ½ of quad fairing to lay atop tires in travel mode.

And JK. John wants Alien loading that walks up the CT ramp on its own. That’s all totally doable. A re-engineered fork setup, redesign the fairing and electric modification for an Alien invisible winch remote.

Just missing the dual-use MVP application on the Alien bit.
Don’t forget there is a sub-vault storage area under the back tires. If the cover is removable, the back end of the quad could just drop into that compartment.

That probably requires some jiggery on the truck itself, but since we’re at it…

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Jiggery-highly technical term. ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, but if you look at how it actually works, that looks like a major pain in the ass. Also, one of those truck accessories which is unlikely to make the transition to the Cybertruck.
Q: I don’t see my truck make, model, year, or bed size? Can I still buy a Sawtooth Tonneau?

A: Yes! While we mass produce our tonneaus for the most popular truck makes, models, bed sizes and styles, we are also happy to take custom orders. To ask questions and/or place a custom order, reach out to [email protected].
-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You mount the cover with clamps.

I don’t think you can clamp something to the top of a Cybertruck bed the way you can with a normal cover.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You mount the cover with clamps.

I don’t think you can clamp something to the top of a Cybertruck bed the way you can with a normal cover.
There's track on both sides and mounting points. Seems doable. They will do it if Cybertruck sells as many as have been reserved.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
You know, if they repacked that bed, they would not need a fancy stretching cover for the bed...

If I was going to make a stretch cover for the bed, why not make it go from the roof to the tailgate, improving aerodynamics (by decreasing drag)?

There is enough gimmicky stuff for trucks that if it seems even half way plausible to a drunk guy, it will sell... I am really shocked at the number of chromed metal things for people to put on their trailer hitch that will not pull a trailer...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I am really shocked at the number of chromed metal things for people to put on their trailer hitch that will not pull a trailer...
Hey there! Gotta have some easy individualization that can be added to a vehicle. The hitch is the easiest way to show your creativity. Right along with the millions of other consumers that had the exact same idea.
Sponsored