Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cc90
Occupation
Medicine
Country flag
So, you immediately went to the Cybertruck forum, not the Rivian forum and had to tell this forum you switched?

Hood for you on your decision, your communication logic does not make sense to me.

If you believe you are rubbing our noses in your decision, your decision does not affect us unless you cancelled a early CT reservation number. If you are from Rivian and trying to drudge up Rivian converts, does not make sense either to me since lacked subtlety and convincing pro Rivian points.

If your motivation is just to troll, there are mostly a learned crowd here with some edge cases.

If you are just over jubilant on your decision, again happy for you.

Your motivation perplexes me, I do not see the gain in the action.
man you are sensitive. I’m not rubbing noses in anything. I’m just shopping for a Rivian preorder. I have no interest in converting people to Rivian. If anything it would be the opposite. I know a lot of people put in multiple deposits, and it makes sense that people active on this forum would be more likely to dump Rivian. I also have inquired on Rivian forums as well…it’s not like I’m limited on the places I can ask. Seems pretty logical to me. Somebody here may have a early deposit on Rivian they aren’t going to use: they may as well capitalize on it rather than just cancel for a refund.
Sponsored

OP
OP

co_hand_guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cc90
Occupation
Medicine
Country flag
Good luck. Assuming you have a reservation for a CT and hopefully for you it is an early reservation, I would not let it go to waste. With potential EV tax credits and the absolutely mind numbing backlog of trucks that are on preorder you may want to plan on purchasing both and flipping one for a hefty sum or at least help to pay for the finder fee to get the original persons Rivian reservation. Due note that you will not be eligible for any tax incentives on the Rivian purchasing it from the original reservation holder due to it not meeting the requirements. If money is no object disregard any advise or guidance. Enjoy whatever EV you end up with.
i unfortunately wouldn’t qualify for tax incentives either way. My CT res isn’t very early and probably wouldn’t do anybody any good.

OP
OP

co_hand_guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cc90
Occupation
Medicine
Country flag

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
As I read through this thread and consider the conversations, I do not think the Ryan is looking for a personal vehicle. I think he is angling to make some money on selling the Rivian second hand. I'm sure someone will take the bait. As the saying goes "a fool and his money is soon parted". This could apply to Ryan or his mark.
Either way, good luck with the short bed and moderate range.

OP
OP

co_hand_guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cc90
Occupation
Medicine
Country flag
As I read through this thread and consider the conversations, I do not think the Ryan is looking for a personal vehicle. I think he is angling to make some money on selling the Rivian second hand. I'm sure someone will take the bait. As the saying goes "a fool and his money is soon parted". This could apply to Ryan or his mark.
not looking to turn one over. Looking to buy for my personal use. Not sure what gave you an impression otherwise. I’ve been very straightforward. I wish I had an earlier reservation for a rivian and am willing to buy one from someone that would otherwise be getting a refund anyway in favor of another vehicle. I want a rivian and don’t want to wait until 2023. Pretty simple.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
man you are sensitive. I’m not rubbing noses in anything. I’m just shopping for a Rivian preorder. I have no interest in converting people to Rivian. If anything it would be the opposite. I know a lot of people put in multiple deposits, and it makes sense that people active on this forum would be more likely to dump Rivian. I also have inquired on Rivian forums as well…it’s not like I’m limited on the places I can ask. Seems pretty logical to me. Somebody here may have a early deposit on Rivian they aren’t going to use: they may as well capitalize on it rather than just cancel for a refund.
Being perplexed is not being sensitive. I am agnostic towards your decision and wish you the best in that decision.

Curious and curiouser.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Better make sure it is a really early reservation. A production rate of 3.8 per day, can make for a long wait. That rate was from the first 48 days of production, though they projected making 1000 over the last 60 days of the year (~16 per day).

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
So, you immediately went to the Cybertruck forum, not the Rivian forum and had to tell this forum you switched?

Hood for you on your decision, your communication logic does not make sense to me.

If you believe you are rubbing our noses in your decision, your decision does not affect us unless you cancelled a early CT reservation number. If you are from Rivian and trying to drudge up Rivian converts, does not make sense either to me since lacked subtlety and convincing pro Rivian points.

If your motivation is just to troll, there are mostly a learned crowd here with some edge cases.

If you are just over jubilant on your decision, again happy for you.

Your motivation perplexes me, I do not see the gain in the action.
Good luck on that
decision... at the rate Rivians are being built the CT will quickly surpass them..... and sooner than you'd see your Rivian.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Rivian is a nice truck. I'd get one except the short bed and moderate range. That and Tesla's Supercharger network will have e waiting a few more years to get my Cybertruck. I just wish I didn't wait 15 minutes to order. At #35,000 it'll likely be delivered in 2024.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Better make sure it is a really early reservation. A production rate of 3.8 per day, can make for a long wait. That rate was from the first 48 days of production, though they projected making 1000 over the last 60 days of the year (~16 per day).
Sounds like they'll have tens of thousands on the road before the first CT is delivered to the public.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Just saw five on this car carrier less than 2 hours ago.
5A2C90A5-1DB1-446D-85AB-F6DDD6D55E05.jpeg
Those are all my vehicles. I placed 5 orders for
Just saw five on this car carrier less than 2 hours ago.
5A2C90A5-1DB1-446D-85AB-F6DDD6D55E05.jpeg
Those are all my Rivians. I also have 3 early orders for the Cybertruck. Why would you just order one?
Sponsored