Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm thinking that 'Weather Tech' the company that makes the best floor mats and suv cargo liners, might be encouraged to make some kind of a mat there that is easy to take in and out.

I think that for the annoyance of them, there's going to be a ton of functionality there. Just think about the aftermarket stuff that could leverage them. On thing that comes to mind right away is sliding bed shelves/drawers.

I'm also hoping the 'Decked' and 'Bed Slider' systems will put together some modular options that can leverage that system.
Sponsored

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Perhaps the slots would be more accessible depending upon how the base below the deck is shaped. Theoretically, internal to the slot, there could be a removable “u” shaped channel that could be hinged or a polymer based channel that could be accessed. It would be interesting if any of the floor of the vault were hinged to allow access to any storage etc.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Perhaps the slots would be more accessible depending upon how the base below the deck is shaped. Theoretically, internal to the slot, there could be a removable “u” shaped channel that could be hinged or a polymer based channel that could be accessed. It would be interesting if any of the floor of the vault were hinged to allow access to any storage etc.
There is a "sub" vault, which has a hinged door.

One thing that would be nice is if they occasionally have "insert" points in the T-tracks, so that you can put in the nuts without having to slide all the way in from the end, which also implies having the tailgate down.

Would also like more detail on the profile of the slots. Ie, do they take t-bolts? Or can you use regular bolt hardware?

CyberRandy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Property Management
Country flag
I see what appears to be T slots in the vault floor I wonder how hard these are going to be to clean after a load of sand or gravel
So my solution is to put a tarp down and a fitted piece of plywood over it. The tarp is safe and you have a semi hard surface to shovel off of. Your load should stay separated from the T slots.

TEXSLA

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
working on it
Country flag
All great ideas but does anyone know if the T slots will still be usable if you rhino liner or linex the vault? Food for thought...

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
All great ideas but does anyone know if the T slots will still be usable if you rhino liner or linex the vault? Food for thought...
Depends on clearance with the t-nuts or regular bolts. But you’ll probably want mask off and keep the liner out of the slots.

Silver2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Why not have a tarp installed in the bed and kept rolled up until you need to use it to cover the slots?

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Why not have a tarp installed in the bed and kept rolled up until you need to use it to cover the slots?
Because I only use the tarp once a year when bringing home mulch in the spring. YMMV ;)

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Because I only use the tarp once a year when bringing home mulch in the spring. YMMV ;)
I just have the landscaper do that stuff. ;-)

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OK, who in the hell would put crap like that in that beautiful truck?

Maybe a bicycle if you wrap it in a blanket.

Dirt??? Rocks?? WHAT???

CRAZY!!!
Hello from A-Town, Frank!

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
OK, who in the hell would put crap like that in that beautiful truck?
There are two features that are tough to get in a new truck that come standard in an old truck:

1. Its paid for.
2. Its already scratched and dented, so you can actually use it to haul stuff without worry.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There are two features that are tough to get in a new truck that come standard in an old truck:

1. Its paid for.
2. Its already scratched and dented, so you can actually use it to haul stuff without worry.
Very true, if you ignore the maintenance! My last trip to the shop cost $3,000 on the '99 Ram.

However, the way I justified getting rid of it was that you can now rent a u-haul pickup for $20/day! ;-)

(This is going to be my number one barrier to following through on the CT reservation).
Sponsored