Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Will you pretend, for even a moment, that things are WORSE in Russia, than they are in China, so far as control and corruption? That's laughable. Things are hardly better in the US, be serious.
I know Russia for much longer time.
Now. Do you know who made initial capital by selling international aid and drugs? Do you know that all leading positions in Russia occupied by his mates from cooperative "Ozero" (Lake) and that is the core of mafia? do you know that his mates have stolen estimated a trillion dollars and he is the richest thief of all times. That know many Russians and they are only proud of it. "At leas we are greatest in something"

I do not want to make that topic very political, but don't be naive, corruption in Russia is unprecedented. Billions are stolen and used to buy Miami properties, bribe the foreign governments, start aggressive wars and tell tons of lies and propaganda.
Russia is not only the most corrupted state but it corrupts the rest of the world. Don't expect to remain clean after dealing with them.
Talking about technological development of Russia has not much sense since a third of Russian homes have no normal toilets, only shithouses with a hole in a floor.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I know Russia for much longer time.
<Snip>
Don't expect to remain clean after dealing with them.
<snip>
There’s that…and quote “ When in Rome do what Roman’s do” is never ending in Rus favor

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
The world is on a path to creating places where the atmosphere is uninhabitable to humans and much of that warming is already baked in.

-Crissa
To add: Panama, where I am currently, the month of May was hottest ever! This is on-trend with the cyclic delay ocean warming produces.

Further, Lithium battery production natural resources are brittle. Russia is natural resource rich. Such a tie-up with Rus state interest in BEV would be in Tesla interest even if it were only back up. It may turn out to be a critical component source of supply for its exponential battery growth projections.

Holg

First Name
Holger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTB, BMX
Country flag
I think Russia is the world's leading nickel producer - there was that diesel spill in the largest mine not long ago. I think that's the main reason...

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
In Soviet Russia, car drives you
Of course, Putin-owned oligarchs after 1991. Putin probably wants Rus to stay in-game. Elon has toys, Rus has nickel.

Envision Starship 100ton load of nickel arriving any minute…
Sponsored