cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
This survey was from 2 months ago! It would be much more meaningful now that the F-150EV has been revealed.

I did put in an f150 reservation and I'm holding onto my CT for now, despite existing concerns about Tesla quality, and lack of truck building experience. I would like to see a lot more data on manufactured CT... as far as I can tell all they have is one bespoke prototype. Its not giving me a lot of confidence.
Sponsored

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
I just saw the specs of the F150 EV. The ICE version of the F150 is the better option for the F150, not the lighting. Unless Ford develops specs that can make the CT a run for its money, there is no way I am getting an EV F150 as my work horse. Everything is still leaning towards the CT in terms of the EV market.

I might entertain the idea of getting an F150 EV once the specs for HP, Range, torque, and towing has vastly improved, and also the addition of more electric motors for a reasonable price (anything over $100k, Imma move into a Lambo or Rolls).

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
If F150 has same range at same price, I probably buy F150 if they have model with 500+ miles because I can use as my house backup generator. Tesla was vague on that.

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
Doubt it. It will be the most vandalized vehicle in America thanks to Musk. Just wait until random people start shooting at it because its "bulletproof" :rolleyes:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Kinda figured that was obvious as right now that's literally the only F150 available.
They have a hybrid, don't they?

Doubt it. It will be the most vandalized vehicle in America thanks to Musk. Just wait until random people start shooting at it because its "bulletproof" :rolleyes:
Well, there'll be alot of people showing up on wham-bam-Teslacam, as well as in court, then.

-Crissa

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla has chosen to 'steal the thunder' from other companies when they have news about new vehicles or notable press events. ... I could see them doing it now for the Ford event, or possibly when Rivian starts deliveries soon.

Either way, I think we are getting close
Perhaps at the Model S Plaid reveal scheduled on June 3, in Fremont?!

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

Outlaw1

First Name
RS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Colorado, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Based on Tesla's strategies in the past, I think we are likely to hear about our update CT very soon. In the past, Tesla has chosen to 'steal the thunder' from other companies when they have news about new vehicles or notable press events. Why let other companies steal the show when you can use their momentum to one up them!? They didn't do it with the Hummer because it's not a direct competitor. I could see them doing it now for the Ford event, or possibly when Rivian starts deliveries soon.

Either way, I think we are getting close
I totally agree on this! I stated something similar a month ago in a different thread. Obviously it was prior to knowing the F150 would have an announcement. But Tesla probably knew it was coming.

Im not sure on CT delivery.. I hope it's sooner rather than later. But do you think Elon is playing his cards close to his chest with Rivian expected to start delivery in June? He did say an update in Q2. June is in Q2. I'm not saying CT will be here in June but I expect more info closer to then. Look what happened with Lucid. And then the push back of the the Plaid Model S. I think it's a chess game to some extent where there is flexibility and emerging competition. Model Y not so much as it's competition is well known and executing. There will probably be something to counter Rivians delivery buzz.

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
Well, there'll be alot of people showing up on wham-bam-Teslacam, as well as in court, then.

-Crissa
Do you have the contact info for Wham Bam Teslacam?

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
I also placed a deposit for an F-150 Lightning. Range is roughly the same as the Dual-Motor and will have a better appointed interior than the CT. Although Tesla has a huge advantage in Software and Charging capabilities. For me it's going to come down to who delivers first. I suspect I will end up with an F-150 unless those CT reservations do not turn to orders, I am way down on the list

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The payload on F-150 Lightning with the extra cost 300mi extended battery is only 1,800 lbs.

In payload weight you have to include all passengers and luggage/package in the cabin. 1,800lbs payload is total of weight of stuff in cabin + weight of stuff in truck bed + tongue weight (50-500 lbs) imposed on the ball hitch by the trailer being towed.

Payload maximum of 1,800 lbs is really low for what Ford claimed to be best F-150 ever made.

2021 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 5.0L V8 157.7 wheelbase has payload max of 2,640 lbs and tow max 13,800
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/f150/pdfs/2021-F-150-Technical-Specs.pdf

Some 2021 F-150 may have even higher maximum payload & towing limits

https://www.martinfordsales.com/research-f150-towing.html

Towing Capacity Chart
2021 F-150 Engine Option Max. Towing Capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 13,000 lbs.
3.5L EcoBoost V6 14,000 lbs.

Payload Capacity Chart
2021 F-150 Engine Option Max. Payload Capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 3,325 lbs. (best in class)
3.5L EcoBoost V6 3,250 lbs.

Last edited:

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Poll is from Teslarati? I mean, did we really expect a different result? Before I bought my Model Y and got into Teslas 2 years ago. I've never heard of Teslarati or any other news sites focused on Teslas.

Yes, I'm still buying one.
Sponsored