Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My wife HATES the look of the CT. However, I'm not paying 20k extra for a prettier less capable vehicle. Although the Rivian looks really good in black...
Tell her she will be looking at beautiful cars when she is inside. The ugly is other people’s problem.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
At least in this case, there’s an excuse to go ugly. I believe in function over form. I’ll go ugly every time if it makes sense!
Maybe I see with the love a parent has for his child, but all I see is a Handsome Beast.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Sweet! Rivian have built a narrative around “freedom”. Sponsoring BEV roadtrip from Ushuaia to North America was a huge kickoff on their meme.

Rivian are smart. Having skied Wasatch backcountry for 9years, seeing a split board, three pins included with downhill skiers, boarders and sledding is subtext for “inclusivity”.

Very emotional sell. I’m watching when they close the deal with a saving the planet meme with subtext for the next generation. Too bad the guy had to give up the promo car. He was perfect on-demographic.
Rivian are very smart. They have BIG money invested, no doubt they are here to stay IMO.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Rivian are very smart. They have BIG money invested, no doubt they are here to stay IMO.
I agree that Rivian is here to stay. If nothing else, Bezos has something to prove against Elon. So far Bezos is getting beat on the space ship, satellite internet, and Forbes list. You can bet Elon is in his crosshairs.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
The Rivian is just weirdly ugly to me. The CT is so over the top ugly, it appeals to my weird tastes.
Yeah, to me the Rivian looks like an uninspired new Ford 1/4 ton design. I hate the headlights. They look out of place in an otherwise bland design.
In summary: boring.

The Cybertruck never appeared ugly to me. Even in the first 2 minutes at the reveal, I didn't think, "wow that's ugly". It was sensory overload, your brain is processing what you are seeing, like looking at a UFO. The Cybertruck is like a radical concept that auto manufacturers teased us with for years but never delivered.
In summary: The Future.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Killer pickup line
Hey now.
Maybe I see with the love a parent has for his child, but all I see is a Handsome Beast.
I won’t disagree. We all have our version of pretty. I think it’s a sexy truck, but in the same way I think a Humvee is a sexy truck. I’m a pure function over form kind of guy. There is no wrong when it comes to personal taste, because…. Well, that’s personal! ?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yeah, to me the Rivian looks like an uninspired new Ford 1/4 ton design. I hate the headlights. They look out of place in an otherwise bland design.
In summary: boring.

The Cybertruck never appeared ugly to me. Even in the first 2 minutes at the reveal, I didn't think, "wow that's ugly". It was sensory overload, your brain is processing what you are seeing, like looking at a UFO. The Cybertruck is like a radical concept that auto manufacturers teased us with for years but never delivered.
In summary: The Future.
Maybe I'll name my CT "Area 51."

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
thats got to be a great selling video and piece of marketing....well done Rivian....

kenshortt

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado, Passat
Country flag
Great video. i like the Rivian and would consider it but the base line price is more expensive than a mid level CT. So because Tesla is more established, the CT is bigger and cheaper, i am on the CT train. I view the R1T to be a Tacoma size truck and that is too much money for that size truck for me.

But i agree we need to see more videos of the CT in the wild when it gets closer to production.
Tesla doesn't do advertising and I agree with that. But, I really think they need to add videos like this, to their YouTube channel. KEEP THE STOKE!!!!!!!!
I want a Cybertruck and I'm not interested in a Rivian. But Damn this video was SWEET!

Great snow boarding video but the Rivian looks silly, uneventful. I know people that like the truck but it has that goofy look that is typical for non conventional vehicals where 'kind of ugly' is cool.

Redline

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Government
Country flag
But, I really think they need to add videos like this, to their YouTube channel. KEEP THE STOKE!!!!!!!!
Have to agree, I have enjoyed the videos they have released (e.g. Leno test drive) but something along these lines would be pretty cool. I think people can intellectually get the practicality and genius behind the design, but envisioning its utility as part of daily life is what is missing.

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Tesla doesn't do advertising and I agree with that. But, I really think they need to add videos like this, to their YouTube channel. KEEP THE STOKE!!!!!!!!
I want a Cybertruck and I'm not interested in a Rivian. But Damn this video was SWEET!

Tesla, PLEASE don't! The video was longer than the weekend, with a plethora of snow and kid shots but a paucity of Rivian pics, most simply fractional or distant pics that the caption should have read "Now you can't compare us to the Tesla Cybertruck!"

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Hi Doc Martin, I think you are in the minority, but no worries it's good to hear all opinions. The thing for me is that I watched the Reveal, live over the internet and put in my reserve that night. We are starving for any info on these Cybertrucks and not seeing anything while all the other manufacturer hype their wares is disheartening. I watched that Rivian video thinking The Cybertruck would be awesome for that! As for how long, apparently you don't watch many YouTube videos. The daily drone footage of Giga-Texas comes to mind.
My mom lives in Fort Smith and I'm hoping to visit her after picking up my Cybertruck in Austin. Also I'm hoping to go to Arkansas with the Cybertruck for the Solar Eclipse in 2024. Maybe we could meet up with you.
Cheers, Joe

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Hi Doc Martin, I think you are in the minority, but no worries it's good to hear all opinions. The thing for me is that I watched the Reveal, live over the internet and put in my reserve that night. We are starving for any info on these Cybertrucks and not seeing anything while all the other manufacturer hype their wares is disheartening. I watched that Rivian video thinking The Cybertruck would be awesome for that! As for how long, apparently you don't watch many YouTube videos. The daily drone footage of Giga-Texas comes to mind.
My mom lives in Fort Smith and I'm hoping to visit her after picking up my Cybertruck in Austin. Also I'm hoping to go to Arkansas with the Cybertruck for the Solar Eclipse in 2024. Maybe we could meet up with you.
Cheers, Joe
Sounds good. I have run countercurrent all my life. Uncomfortable in the majority. Remember, it wasn't too long ago (in the grand scheme of things) that one solitary soul ran counter to the entire earth's population by believing and acting on the premise that the earth actually was not flat and filled with sea monsters at the edge. Mr. Musk thinks countercurrent as well or else there would be no Tesla Cybertruck. Bucking the tide is the only way I know. You might call it the "Patrick Henry spirit".
Sponsored