Tesla Q1 2023 Q&A - Direct question to Elon about Cybertruck!

OP
OP

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
At least he gave us a little tidbit...i prefer a certain month than not knowing at all...less anxiously wondering. Seems like yes they will start production around June and July but won't have enough inventory to deliver until end of Sept. So around August we should see a bunch of CT lined up outside!!
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
At least he gave us a little tidbit...i prefer a certain month than not knowing at all...less anxiously wondering. Seems like yes they will start production around June and July but won't have enough inventory to deliver until end of Sept. So around August we should see a bunch of CT lined up outside!!
they delivered a handful at the last delivery event.
and he did say HOPEFULLY Q3 so it could still be Q4 or later.
this is Tesla and elon we are talking about

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
exactly what he did. separate cyber truck delivery event near the end of Q3. This means the event will take place near the end of September 😔
This is 100% exactly in line with prior statements about production starting in Summer. No surprise here at all.

I was super relieved that they are doubling down on it. Seems we’ll have solid chance of 2 months of deliveries in 2023.

windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT trimotor, '21 MY LR AWD 7 seater, '21 M3 LR AWD
Country flag
Being in the first 3k of CT production, I'm hoping it'll deliver before Christmas.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I am curious why the crash test never showed the actual crash damage. Like ALL the other manufacturers do.
is Tesla hiding something?
was the damage so extensive?
I think this is a legitimate question
because it was funny

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Jack is right again - but that didn’t take much effort :) at least he confirmed a delivery event, and said that the Cybertruck will be one for the history books (though it already is).
delivery event in Q3 means production in Q2

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
.... and therefore trims and pricing

OP
OP

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
.... and therefore trims and pricing
I mean it's smart to wait till the very last minute, like he said he doesn't have a crystal ball to gauge how things are going by Q3.

What we have learned is that they are staying true to their mission by sacrificing profits over affordability. Initially i think CT price will still be semi elevated to get things rolling but also keeping profits in check. Don't think they will launch a new product at a negative profit margin, but i think they are ok with probably 10-15% margins to get more of these trucks in ppl hands. What great is that Cybertruck is in its own category, so we will have a detail look at production numbers during Q4 earnings call and future calls tracking their ramp up.

I might lease my CT first and wait 3 years then buy the more improved one.
Sponsored