Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
I think he used all our deposits to fund his personal CT or 2. I will never get to see it before I'm too old to appreciate it :)

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I still think Elon is sandbagging. Did you notice that he basically said nothing at all about the Cybertruck? He was carefully choosing his words and not revealing everything. All he said was that the supply chain (chip shortage) issues need to be ironed out before they can start production of the CT. And he clarified that the CT is NOT battery constrained, which is fantastic news.

It's good to hear that Tesla is focusing on ramping the Y in Texas, of course we already knew that. I think this year is going to be an exciting one for us CT fans.

- Full reveal of a revamped CT is coming soon,
- Prices and trims will be fleshed out.
- And by the end of the year I'm sure they will have produced some cybertrucks at Giga Austin for testing and refinement of the product and the assembly line.

With so much extra time to get it right, It makes it all the more likely that that CT production will ramp quickly in 2023, possibly making up for the late start. He said they are aiming for 250,000 CT's/year production rate. Still might be possible to reach close to that level in 2023.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I saw a Rivian in person, here in Atascadero California,
What were you doing in A-Town? Nobody stops here except to supercharge! :)

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
I’m keeping my reservation but forgetting about CT until I see one on the road( that assumes I can still see in 10 years when it comes out). I’m tired of Elons horseshit… he knows exactly what he’s doing to manipulate the masses. FSD is still years away, if he doesn’t know that, he should smoke more pot…

Adios all…

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I still have some hope for a couple deliveries in late 2022. Elon likes to under promise and over deliver. 10 months is a long time. If Y demand drops off during the year the priority might change.
I wouldn’t hold out hope for a drop in Model Y demand. Tesla has a lot of levers they can pull price-wise on the Model Y. They can drop the Model Y SR back into the lineup and instantly have an $8k price drop while keeping existing SKUs intact.

I do have a small hope that they get production ramped super fast. 1Q 2023 is best hope.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Or if the chip shortage improves and supply constraints ease!
I don’t think this is the issue.

They are choosing between making 200k Model Ys or 20k Cybertrucks. The 20k Cybertrucks would use less chips and materials than the 200k Model Ys.

Fundamentally it is about maximizing the number of cars they get out the door. Chip shortages are still an issue, but that’s not what’s delaying the Cybertruck.

Lekrow

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid CyberTruck
Country flag
My hope is that the extra time to focus on factory tooling without having production running will allow the Cybertruck to ramp production when it does start up with fewer self-inflicted headaches.
Only hearing 250k as an aspirational target does make me feel like CT is a lot harder to make then I anticipated.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They are delaying the machines to make the 200k Model Ys, tho.

-Crissa
Isn’t that what I said? It’s what I meant to say anyhow.

Musk was very clear they were delaying other projects to focus on ramping production. That was the single reason.

“If we introduce new products our production would actually go *down*.”

I need a transcript. But that’s pretty close. I don’t even recall him talking about chips at all when he was talking about not launching new products in 2022.

Stinkd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius V5, 1948 Bus, Mercedes SL500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What were you doing in A-Town? Nobody stops here except to supercharge! :)
a close friend and his family have lived here for many moons, I am thinking of moving here in the near future cause as much as I love San Jose I am liking peaceful lifestyle over here.

BenH

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
I am happy with whatever techs are in my M3. I just want a Truck with 500miles range with features in M3.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Isn’t that what I said? It’s what I meant to say anyhow.

Musk was very clear they were delaying other projects to focus on ramping production. That was the single reason.

“If we introduce new products our production would actually go *down*.”

I need a transcript. But that’s pretty close. I don’t even recall him talking about chips at all when he was talking about not launching new products in 2022.
It was pretty clear to me that he said the truck couldn’t be built yet at an affordable price that would meet the promised specs. We all fell in love with the truck because of the fantastic specs at a ridiculously low price when compared to other electric vehicles. Maybe dropping the payload from 3500lb to around 1800lb would make it easier to meet those other specs. I doubt most of us really care if can carry that much weight. I would not be surprised if the first model out is the plaid at $120k to. 130k.
Sponsored