Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I wouldn’t hold out hope for a drop in Model Y demand. Tesla has a lot of levers they can pull price-wise on the Model Y. They can drop the Model Y SR back into the lineup and instantly have an $8k price drop while keeping existing SKUs intact.

I do have a small hope that they get production ramped super fast. 1Q 2023 is best hope.
A lot of people are able to afford Tesla due to run up of stock market, housing gains, bitcoin etc. Demand could fall if these go stagnant.

CyberCFP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
ima go into hibernation for another 2 years, wake me when CT is here... :cry:
I’m with you. It’s clear the CyberTruck is years away (if it’s made at all), and the price will be astronomical.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
He made it pretty clear they were putting it off so they can focus on cranking out as many Model Ys as possible. This makes sense from all angles (except for love of CT).

• From a financial sense, the new Model Ys are profit machines. They will be less expensive to produce and they will likely have capacity to at least 300k per year by Q1 2023 in both Texas and Berlin. If they focused on Cybertruck they might produce 20k vehicles by then.
  • From a “Tesla Mission” perspective, getting out the most vehicles is good for similar reasons.
When profits align with “The Mission”, Musk’s pet project gets set aside.
Which as an investor is exactly what I want him to do and what the world needs frankly.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How do you announce that your pet project—your baby—is getting delayed again and act excited?

Musk was talking about driving around Texas in the Cybertruck just yesterday. Not the new Model Y, not the Model S Plaid, the Cybertruck.

And he had to push it back so he could focus on business.

Of course there was no excitement.
I think now I understand why Elon was on the call. Not for exciting news, but to be the one to give the bad news.

Biggest disappointment by far is the lack of detail on the 4680 MY.... Battery day made a lot of claims and so far, zero customer facing pay off.....

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I’m with you. It’s clear the CyberTruck is years away (if it’s made at all), and the price will be astronomical.
I have to admit I’m pretty bummed after today’s updates.

Looks like my Ram TRX purchase a few months ago to hold me over was a better call than I thought ?

Wrecker

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Air Force officer
Country flag
I have to admit I’m pretty bummed after today’s updates.

Looks like my Ram TRX purchase a few months ago to hold me over was a better call than I thought ?
totally bummed. I even ordered a second one last night so I’d have a follow-on option (100k then 1.3M).

I’ll keep the two reservations active, but it may be time to pick a new retirement gift. Bummer.

Maybe I’ll get a surprise email in a couple years and it’ll be like finding $20 in your winter coat - except it’ll be a cybertruck.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
Now I’m really happy I just bought an Ionic 5. It’s going to be awhile before the Cybertruck is in full swing.

WILLK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
ima go into hibernation for another 2 years, wake me when CT is here... :cry:
Only hope left for me is if Honda announced they have a plug in or hybrid version of the Ridgeline available this year. Sniff?..I miss my Ridgeline that I traded in for a Chevy Bolt. Thought my Cybertruck was just around the corner.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Another 1.5 years realistically...yeah time to get a model y performance...any idea how to get the new one with 4680 battery if I'm in CA? Wonder if they would allow customer pickup in Austin and not charge me destination. That would be awesome!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
totally bummed. I even ordered a second one last night so I’d have a follow-on option (100k then 1.3M).

I’ll keep the two reservations active, but it may be time to pick a new retirement gift. Bummer.

Maybe I’ll get a surprise email in a couple years and it’ll be like finding $20 in your winter coat - except it’ll be a cybertruck.
and instead of gaining $20, you are out 50-90k!
Sponsored