g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
For the first 16 months of ownership I used only the mobile charger. Upgraded to the wall connector a couple months back. While charging on 120v with the mobile connector was adequate for a Model Y, the Wall Connector is much much better. For a truck… the wall connector is a necessity unless your driving is very very light.
Yea, we use wall charger on a 240v which is basically same we got with the legit wall charger.

When our outlet melted last month(ass wad builder used cheap outlet) we had to do 120v and almost decided to just not drive the 3.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

He tweeted about Cybertruck........... I'm really getting sick of the nonsensical teasing. It's honestly stupid at this point.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They still have just as long (timewise) wait list as Tesla does, even though it's a smaller pool of reservations.

-Crissa
Until we get past the initial preorder it’s as much about what truck you can get as opposed to just what is the best truck.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup, Ford has done very little so far and probably won't until the 2nd gen Lightning is released in 2026.

For next 8 months Ford will probably only ship average 4,000-5,000 units per month.
Ford has over 200K reservations and stopped taking new reservations.
So a 40K-50K annual rate so far vs 900K units ICE Ford F-series in pre-pandemic 2019.

It is not until 3rd quarter 2023 that Ford is promising to start ramping Lightning (version 1) to run rate of 150K per year.

Individual retail buyers will not be able to start order the lowest priced Lightning trim (Lightning Pro 230 miles, start $52K before dealer markup) until 1st or 2nd quarter 2024.

Individual retail buyers will not be able to start order the 2nd lowest priced Lightning trim (Lightning XLT 230 miles, start $60K before dealer markup) until 3rd or 4th quarter 2023.

Most Individual retail buyers will only be able to order the higher trims ( Lariat, Platinum) with options and starting MSRPs $75K to $97K before dealer markup.

-----------------------------------------

Ford Lightning MSRPs
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2023/

How many Ford Lightnings will 2022 produce?
For 2022, 15,000 Lightning trucks will be produced in all.
Ford has reported receiving 120,000 reservations to date for the all-electric pickup.
Ford to double production of its F-150 Lightning | Car News - Auto123
By Daniel Rufiange , 2021-08-25
https://www.auto123.com/en/news/ford-increasing-production-f-150-lightning/68426/

Sales US Large Pickup segment 2019
896,526 Ford F-series
633,694 Ram Pickup
575,603 Chevrolet Silverado
232,323 GMC Sierra
111,673 Toyota Tundra
31,514 Nissan Titan
Segment total 2,481,333
https://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-analysis-2019-large-pickups/

2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Ordering Information Update
This video covers updated information regarding 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Ordering for reservation holders.
Oct 15, 2022
Long McArthur Ford

----------

😊 Sounds like brand loyalty is well alive in America. People are still willing to endure the dealership agony for hours at a time. Good luck with that! I prefer the Tesla way of skipping the dealership experience, altogether.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
lol sure.... at a completely different level of volume scale than what Tesla puts out. in addition, Ford threw an ICE body over a battery. Tesla is designing a completely new vehicle. Ford and Rivian may have gotten to market before the CT however they are in no way shape or form saturating the market or putting out any significant volume to dent the truck business.
😊Ford chassis will be rusted out while the stainless steel Cybertruck keeps on rolling along.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Does it occur to you that he’s likely as impatient and anxious about this as anyone?
There's an angle MOST don't have. I imagine he gets to joy ride it sometimes, but talk about a tremendous liability. "Musk in Hospital After Accident in Careless After Hours Joyride in Cybertruck Prototype, Rogen dead at 45" (idk how old he is, this is all an example)

I would be surprised if he hasn't even been in the truck since Cyber Rodeo, even with it having been at Shareholder day.

HUGE liability if you mess that thing up. Work In Progress.

I'd imagine he's going to make a trip to Hawthorne soon, sign off on the development unit, and it will be shown off on 12.1.

He DOES know the costs now, I bet those have firmed up in the last month or so. He prob knows the pack size, how well the tonneau doesn't work, or does.... AND HE KNOWS WHERE THE PRESS IS! ha

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I prefer the Tesla way of skipping the dealership experience, altogether.
I appreciated people encouraging my purchase, but I am far too informed at this point on the Tesla product line to even consider going back to sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 4 hrs with a balding former high school athlete reading me a brochure about my Tacoma TRD Sport warranty.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
😊Will be interesting to see the specs on the Cybertruck charging capacity rating.
Indeed. 350 will be wild. (it's borderline confirmed at this point.)

The wild card is it actually being higher, which is possible with the new NACS Tesla port announcement!

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I appreciated people encouraging my purchase, but I am far too informed at this point on the Tesla product line to even consider going back to sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 4 hrs with a balding former high school athlete reading me a brochure about my Tacoma TRD Sport warranty.
😊I second the motion! The internet has set us free!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Optimus will drive in with the semi. Then do the presentation with Elon. They will talk about cybertruck but they won't do a presentation on it or a reveal. They will also probably talk about 4680 and how close they are to a dry battery.... and how future semi will have high nickel batteries and longer range, how semi has high voltage architecture 800v and 12 vdc is now 48v and Cybertruck will share that... etc. I say this because they released NACS with the high voltage ultra charger

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
What will prob happen(as I see it..), Semi detailed withs specs/ range and some ambitious claims of whats coming.

Then... a low key "here's the production Cybertruck, the configurator will go live on _____ for a few days for people that have been reservation holders, then anyone can reserve there after". There will be a light touch on pricing, and spec/ range, but the rest of what we wanna know will be on the website. How it looks.

DELIVERY EVENT... Will show off how they actually make the thing. Another neat drone video showing the cnc table cutting the sheet to spec, then it rolling down the brake machine getting it's bends, then onto the body joining the press' and battery, and the seats and stuff. This even could be in April/ May.

Anyone wanna speculate on specs?

330 mi 132Kwh Dual $68k (first) (less batteries, higher margin ideally)
405 mi 162Kwh Quad $85k (Oct. 23)
500 mi 200Kwh Quad $97k (later)
2.5mi/ Kwh consumption(Model Y is about 2.8)
4680 batteries
Tonneau standard, tow hitch standard
Dual motor has the standard rims, 21"
Quad has 24" OG rims
First deliveries in mid May 23'.
Betas will start being seen mid January.
Config early Jan.
Unveil 12.1.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Price hikes are way way way way way overs IMO

Single from $40 to $68 ? (? 330 mi 132Kwh Dual $68k (first)

Dual from $50 to $85 ? (405 mi 162Kwh Quad $85k (Oct. 23)

'Tri' from $70k to 97k? ? (500 mi 200Kwh Quad $97k (later)

Shirley you are not being serious
Sponsored