First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Price hikes are way way way way way overs IMO

Single from $40 to $68 ? (? 330 mi 132Kwh Dual $68k (first)

Dual from $50 to $85 ? (405 mi 162Kwh Quad $85k (Oct. 23)

'Tri' from $70k to 97k? ? (500 mi 200Kwh Quad $97k (later)

Shirley you are not being serious
Some people haven’t gotten the memo that most of the crazy high inflation was temporary and prices have come back down to nearly 2021 levels already.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
😊 Sounds like brand loyalty is well alive in America. People are still willing to endure the dealership agony for hours at a time. Good luck with that! I prefer the Tesla way of skipping the dealership experience, altogether.
Ford knows the experience sucks.

That's why to get the Ford Blue electric brands, dealerships have to be willing to let buyers skip this.

Of the handful of owners I know, none walked into the dealership until it got delivered.

-Crissa

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

That’s not what I said.

single is dead

there is 1 dual option and two quad options in my post

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Some people haven’t gotten the memo that most of the crazy high inflation was temporary and prices have come back down to nearly 2021 levels already.
Where do you guess pricing will fall?

I work with import export, containers have chilled. They still have their supply struggles however, which is why the Y/3 still cost exorbitantly more money than pre Covid.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Where do you guess pricing will fall?

I work with import export, containers have chilled. They still have their supply struggles however, which is why the Y/3 still cost exorbitantly more money than pre Covid.
If inflation is the reason, it makes sense pricing changes would be in line with inflation on existing Teslas. When it was announced, dual motor (300 mile range) was $50k and Model Y LR was $50k. Model Y is now $65k. But Tesla announced the Cybertruck 2 years prior to when they thought it was coming out. Perhaps they had some inflation in mind when they priced it?

Of course a lot of people think Tesla never intended to honor those prices or that they are going to arbitrarily increase them just because.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

stop calling me Shirley.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

stop calling me Shirley.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
. But Tesla announced the Cybertruck 2 years prior to when they thought it was coming out. Perhaps they had some inflation in mind when they priced it?
I’ve definitely argued that before. But I wonder if they’ve packed more into it like Elon has teased.

he’s got areal hard peepee for Cybertruck for some reason “damn fine machine” comments and all. He’s never hyped so hard before.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’ve definitely argued that before. But I wonder if they’ve packed more into it like Elon has teased.

he’s got areal hard peepee for Cybertruck for some reason “damn fine machine” comments and all. He’s never hyped so hard before.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is why I don’t try and stake out a huge claim one way or the other. I would not be surprised if the prices you posted on Twitter were the thing either.

Whatever price they end up with needs to support 250k sales per year. Remember Musk made the case that operating cost on the Dual Motor Cybertruck would equal the operating cost of the average pickup truck.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Semi Launch Event Dec 1 1668749621304

Lots of white collar people making six figure incomes suddenly interested in pickup trucks and insisting Tesla is pricing the truck for them. But trucks have historically been a blue collar purchase. Lots of plumbers and electricians making $70k-100k who need to justify their truck as a business purchase.

Whatever price they land on needs to drive enough sales to support the factory they are building and pay for that Gigapress.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Whatever price they land on needs to drive enough sales to support the factory they are building and pay for that Gigapress.
also a good point

the second press is for volume, I’d imagine.Either somehow pressing the whole bottom, or Doing mold swaps on the first machine to press fronts, then rears…

I can’t wait.

DPye_BC

First Name
Durwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier RWD; 2000 Toyota Echo FWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
👍Ford Lighting pickup truck was able to satisfy customers.
Not according to a colleague of mine. He passed on delivery of his Lightning order because "by the time they could deliver the battery specs had dropped to a useless amount, especially when towing."
Also "4 of the features promised had disappeared. And the price went up."

I'm not sure which missing features he refers to but I did see that MotorTrend found that the Platinum had 15% less range than the EPA estimate (255 miles vs 300). Cut that in half for towing and I can see why my friend isn't confident in doing a 150 mile round trip towing a horse trailer.

I Gotta say I'm disappointed with Ford. They have an opportunity to really increase the awareness of the practically and economics of an electric truck, but they're failing to deliver. Production targets of 150k are just not significant.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not according to a colleague of mine. He passed on delivery of his Lightning order because "by the time they could deliver the battery specs had dropped to a useless amount, especially when towing."
Also "4 of the features promised had disappeared. And the price went up."

I'm not sure which missing features he refers to but I did see that MotorTrend found that the Platinum had 15% less range than the EPA estimate (255 miles vs 300). Cut that in half for towing and I can see why my friend isn't confident in doing a 150 mile round trip towing a horse trailer.

I Gotta say I'm disappointed with Ford. They have an opportunity to really increase the awareness of the practically and economics of an electric truck, but they're failing to deliver. Production targets of 150k are just not significant.
😊Sorry to hear your disappointing news. But, we are fortunate to be able to get news information from various sources since the advent of the internet.