Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Not according to a colleague of mine. He passed on delivery of his Lightning order because "by the time they could deliver the battery specs had dropped to a useless amount, especially when towing."
Also "4 of the features promised had disappeared. And the price went up."

I'm not sure which missing features he refers to but I did see that MotorTrend found that the Platinum had 15% less range than the EPA estimate (255 miles vs 300). Cut that in half for towing and I can see why my friend isn't confident in doing a 150 mile round trip towing a horse trailer.

I Gotta say I'm disappointed with Ford. They have an opportunity to really increase the awareness of the practically and economics of an electric truck, but they're failing to deliver. Production targets of 150k are just not significant.
I'm not that friend. ;)

But I got the Ford email and text telling me that I can already order my preferred Lariat trim.

I happened to go to the dealer for my servicing and saw the display of Lariat and this one is priced at $114,000++.

And after reading the towing and snowy locations range drop-offs which is the environment and the purpose for which I am buying the F150 Lightning, there is now way I can proceed with my order. I am still not cancelling my reservations and waiting (or hoping) they can come to their senses in pricing and being able to solve those range or performance issues.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm not that friend. ;)

But I got the Ford email and text telling me that I can already order my preferred Lariat trim.

I happened to go to the dealer for my servicing and saw the display of Lariat and this one is priced at $114,000++.

And after reading the towing and snowy locations range drop-offs which is the environment and the purpose for which I am buying the F150 Lightning, there is now way I can proceed with my order. I am still not cancelling my reservations and waiting (or hoping) they can come to their senses in pricing and being able to solve those range or performance issues.
I think the Ford is interesting at $60-75k as a stopgap if nothing else.

At $115k? That’s a bitter pill. Honestly… paying $115k for a pickup truck seems ridiculous to me. Well heck… for any car. That’s a year+ off my retirement.

Only people paying that are people who have ceased worrying about money (or are idiots).

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Only people paying that are people who have ceased worrying about money (or are idiots).
Fools, to once again the adage: .... are soon parted. :mad:

So many out there buying political mercs, advertising themselves as such, and contributing to supposedly campaign funds.

And then, there are actually people (in the same forum) offering a premium to take their hands off their lemons.:eek:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Killowatts reversing course and saying we see spec reveal and pricing on the 1st :]
Followed them for a while and while they were enthusiastic, they never really brought anything new to the table and often were just wrong on stuff.

Probably the biggest thing to me about this event is semi pricing. If they keep Semi pricing in with earlier numbers, I think it makes it a lot more likely Cybertruck pricing will be.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Probably the biggest thing to me about this event is semi pricing. If they keep Semi pricing in with earlier numbers, I think it makes it a lot more likely Cybertruck pricing will be.
I totally agree with your wishful thinking,:love:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Followed them for a while and while they were enthusiastic, they never really brought anything new to the table and often were just wrong on stuff.

He actually used to work for Tesla too.

I expect some "confirmed it's happening" rumors this weekend after family get togethers and someone says something, or someone says someone said something.

9 days..

OP
OP
TheLastStarfighter

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The graphic effect on the lights does suggest the CT light bar headlights. Could be onto something. I just think a Semi event isn't exciting enough for the general audience, so they'll drop some kind of flavor bomb.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag

I expect some "confirmed it's happening" rumors this weekend after family get togethers and someone says something, or someone says someone said something.

9 days..
I hope your friend will find out something.

Tesla has an unbreakable silos with hierarchical access.

My son was able to "guess" that Tesla was coming up with a truck when he saw an F150 being dissembled on his grounds and correctly speculating that a team in Tesla is doing reverse engineering.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I hope your friend will find out something.

Tesla has an unbreakable silos with hierarchical access.

My son was able to "guess" that Tesla was coming up with a truck when he saw an F150 being dissembled on his grounds and correctly speculating that a team in Tesla is doing reverse engineering.
Not me, no tesla blood in fam though I do have a long time friend in Texas on energy team (4680 tooling specifically). I was saying "someones family somewhere", elusive claims incoming.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe I’m thinking of someone else. Does he have a podcast?

I totally agree with your wishful thinking…

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is this article suggesting that we should get the Semi until the Cybertruck arrives?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe I’m thinking of someone else. Does he have a podcast?

I totally agree with your wishful thinking…
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I am implying someone will claim they had Tesla relatives at their home this week for the holiday and will claim the update is happening.

IDK if he has a podcast. His voice sounds like a cartoon police dog tho lol hahahaha

Regardless, announcement is in fact happening, FOR SURE!!! ;) I am pretty sure anyway.

Wonder if anyone thinks these specs are crazy.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I am implying someone will claim they had Tesla relatives at their home this week for the holiday and will claim the update is happening.

IDK if he has a podcast. His voice sounds like a cartoon police dog tho lol hahahaha

Regardless, announcement is in fact happening, FOR SURE!!! ;) I am pretty sure anyway.

Wonder if anyone thinks these specs are crazy.

Price is going to be what it is. I think your estimates are a bit high to move half a million trucks a year, but it’s hard to say with the current market.

From what I’ve seen almost everyone injects their own assumptions into what pricing will look like.

Regarding Semi pricing, I was thinking perhaps whatever price changes happen to the semi might be similar to Cybertruck.

Considering the current economy, I think if Tesla is going to increase prices by 36% or more as you suggest, they will probably hold out until the last minute to announce it.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Regarding Semi pricing, I was thinking perhaps whatever price changes happen to the semi might be similar to Cybertruck.
It was said to cause "several model Y's". I might be out of context however.

direct quote

"
- I don't want to say the exact prices, but they're much more than a passenger vehicle.

So, with a few thousand heavy trucks of this nature would be worth several Model Ys."
Sponsored