uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's not identical due to foliage changing, Google Maps took these back in Febuary, but...

1. Eucalyptus Treeline (An Australian always knows)
2. Sewer Grate (Boosted the shadows a bit)
3. Weird Structure on corner of building (This is what seals the deal I think)
4. Succulent (Chinese Meal)
5. Tree Curvature (Good to see it's doing so well!)

CT Acquired.jpg

ct Acquired 2.png

47623 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, United States
Google describes it as a "Delivery Centre" or "Delivery Hub".
The Tesla community is the best.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Is that a "big-ass wiper"? Or a "big ass-wiper"?

I was originally (back when BAW first came on the scene) reading it as "big <exclamatory emphasis> wiper". But somehow today I am reading it as either:
  1. a wiper for large asses
  2. a large wiper for asses
Dude, in your case you have to add another adjective to the BAW. Dumb. Lol :p:ROFLMAO:

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I know these tires and wheels are likely a temporary/ testing setup, but the dirty truck plus the testing tires gives the Cybertruck a very no-nonsense, industrial look. The wires and junk hanging off don’t help.

1661813074592.jpeg

I almost like these wheels better than the other for that reason alone. Also worth noting, this looks like different, more off-road friendly tread than the tread we’ve seen previously. Looks like more aggressive side knobs. Also, the tires look like maybe they are running lower pressure?

1661812979675.png

1661813725747.png
If I had to take a guess, I would say the tires are Goodyear wrangler territory RT or MT tires. Goodyear did the custom tires for the prototype that sidewall matched the hubcaps. This sidewall looks like it might match the wranger territory.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Kinda don't think including lidar is that nutty though. Like, it isn't expensive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your iPhone has it.. Excited to see the FEATURES. We see the build, I wanna know specs. Like we all do.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Kinda don't think including lidar is that nutty though. Like, it isn't expensive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your iPhone has it.. Excited to see the FEATURES. We see the build, I wanna know specs. Like we all do.
An iPhone has a tiny cone of vision in a range of a couple feet. Hardly useful for object avoidance for a speeding car.

-Crissa

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
An iPhone has a tiny cone of vision in a range of a couple feet. Hardly useful for object avoidance for a speeding car.
It's an example that it is not as expensive as believed. Chill.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's an example that it is not as expensive as believed. Chill.
I apologize for seeming unchill. I tend to state things bluntly. If I wasn't chill, you'd know by the use of expletives.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

-Crissa
Cool stuff. Apparently you can download an app for a Samsung note 10 as well. 3d scanning anyway. My first brick phone in 1993 didn't do that.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Thus brings up a agood point that I have been thinking about for a while, since they announced it. Of using Pure Vison. In engineering/manufacturing, it's all about standardization and re-useabillity. When did the idea of Pure Vison come out? After CT event but before CT production. CT has more metal and thicker then other Tesla vehicles, heck not even any plastic bumpers. Were these the minimum requirements that forced Pure Vison as many sensors would not work through its "thick hall"? But later I then hear talkes of returning some of those sensors for the CT. So for now I am just going to prepare for what will come out. Prepare meaning, solar for house. Some kind of side solar for charging off grid. And a nice shaded outdoor area so itz not blazing when I get in, less energy to cool cabin.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Cool stuff. Apparently you can download an app for a Samsung note 10 as well. 3d scanning anyway. My first brick phone in 1993 didn't do that.
Samsung Note 10 has a ToF sensor that I'm hoping is part of the Samsung camera deal Tesla made after CT reveal. Gives range per pixel at high frame rate by pulsing a IR light at megapixel sensor. Sort of like a solid state lidar, but no moving parts or scanning, and much higher accuracy and framerate, all at the price point of a decent global shutter camera. Will be fantastic to have them all over the CT. 😁

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Tester Cybertruck Prototype Spotted on a Tow Truck! 97A3ABDA-64D5-4367-A817-2F8701FCA830

Until this news release captured a generation ago now(9mo), it stays attached. Samsung has since been announced but no evidence that it’s at the expense of swallowing the SONY camera deal-breaker penalty.

I’d welcome clarity on the SONY cameras.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If I get it

The resolution and detail could map a recommended path up an incline.

Edmund Hillary would have loved it.
Sponsored