Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The bot could be the world's best knife thrower.

It could probably kill you with a toothpick !!

Or poison

Sooo much to look forward to
I’d like to see a remake of the I, Robot movie using real Teslabots as the robots on camera.

But that might be a little too real for some. And of course, the Teslabots would need to be upgraded for some of the stunt work.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I’d like to see a remake of the I, Robot movie using real Teslabots as the robots on camera.

But that might be a little too real for some. And of course, the Teslabots would need to be upgraded for some of the stunt work.
Great, robots taking jobs from humans again. Next thing you know all acting gig's will be done by robots, with the occasional token human.

Tesla Cybertruck Texas accessories for Cybertruck 1646750866704

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Great, robots taking jobs from humans again. Next thing you know all acting gig's will be done by robots, with the occasional token human.

1646750866704.png
Maybe not in this case. The robots on screen in the original were not human. Of course they were animated by humans but the Teslabots will still need direction from humans. Probably not as much work as an animator, but director sounds like a higher pay scale. Plus there will probably still be some animation involved to get the Teslabot face screen to do things like wink and emote.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Puppeteers for robots actually get higher billing and more credit than animators who in turn get higher billing than robot builders and programmers because of the unions...

-Crissa

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Puppeteers for robots actually get higher billing and more credit than animators and robot builders and programmers because of the unions...

-Crissa
I’m assuming though that Teslabot doesn’t need a puppeteer. Just give it direction verbally. For example:

“When we start the take, I want you to run over to that narrow walkway then jump over the railing and as you fall through the air try grabbing the central computer housing to slow yourself down while also reaching out to try and grab our human stuntman.”

OP
OP
JimmyLee65

JimmyLee65

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra SR5
Occupation
Self Employed Land Ranger
Country flag
Is anybody else looking to attach a minigun to the back of their cybertruck or are ya'll normal
Some good ol’ boy with too much time and money will mount a Dillon gun to it! Most likely in Texas, as there are several Hummers so mounted. I see them at the machine gun shoots here.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Puppeteers for robots actually get higher billing and more credit than animators and robot builders and programmers because of the unions...

-Crissa
I am not an animator, I am a virtual puppeteer!

Its not a robot, it is a puppet, I am a puppeteer.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Stuntmen will lose their jobs, and realism will explode

'Go over to that rail, put your head on it, and wait for the train !

FioSandyAndGear

First Name
Fiona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M (X)
Occupation
IT-Manager
Country flag
I have to say, the idea of a bot that can throw knives like a pro (and even kill with a toothpick!) is both fascinating and a little scary at the same time. As for the Cybertruck accessories, I haven't thought much about it, but it's great to see the creativity and ingenuity that comes with the Tesla community. Speaking of Tesla, has anyone seen the tesla model y interior? It's absolutely stunning and shows the level of attention to detail that Tesla puts into their designs. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and share my thoughts on this interesting discussion.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A bot that can throw knives isn't difficult; you just need the spin to match the length of the knife. Beyond that, it's basically a frisbee. You can do this with a couple rubber bands and a lever.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Those of you in Texas know the value of deer/brush guards, especially for those of us that live and work in the sticks. Anyone know if Tesla has accessories like those planned?
You mean like this:

Tesla Cybertruck Texas accessories for Cybertruck 1685858029309

Tesla Cybertruck Texas accessories for Cybertruck 1685858053122

Tesla Cybertruck Texas accessories for Cybertruck 1685858208574

Yeah, no. I don't think the Cybertruck needs a false sense of security that ruins the safety designed into the front end.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is anybody else looking to attach a minigun to the back of their cybertruck or are ya'll normal
Neither. I want a 1/2 ton, 8-axis robotic arm with 8 feet of reach bolted on a track in the bed with a wireless remote. Ideally made of carbon fiber.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elon said the Tesla Bot will be easily stopped by a human level of strength.

Just think, the guy who hates Unions is making a robot that won't cross picket lines.

-Crissa
Elon doesn't hate unions, he just thinks that if workers want a union, that's proof that things at that company have already gone awry. If the company is doing their job properly, the workers wouldn't need or want a union. I'm very pro-worker but would rather work at a company where the employees didn't feel a union would benefit them, because the company was responsive to the workers needs and had established fair and equitable pay and benefits and a safe and healthy work environment. The best union is the one between the workers and the company that negates the need for an outside union.
Sponsored