BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Hope this doesn't bug anyone, there's a couple other insurance threads but wanted to start one just for Texas as I'm looking for the best company to go with.
Here's a template to share your info (if you want)

Driving record: no at fault accidents or tickets in the last 6 years (4 years ago got tboned by someone else running a stop sign 100% fault places on them due to Cams)​
Marital status: Not married​
Drivers @ home: just me​
Miles Driven: ~15k​
Drive Usage: Pleasure, no commute for work or for work​
Level of insurance: 100K, 300k, 100K​
Deductible: $1,000​
Other insurance impediments: n/a​
So far I have gotten these quotes based on the information above.
CompanyMonthly6 Month
Progressive (gave some first time discounts)$197$1184
Geico$245$1470
Costco Connect$405$2430
Direct Auto - State Farm$754$4525

It's mind-blowing how much the rates vary, I'm going to keep doing some searching, but has anyone found something better? I've seen some really good USAA quotes, but I'm not tied to the Military. But I've seen people with 2x the coverage and cheaper quotes, it's kind of annoying :D

Will update as I get more quotes, if anyone could share their experience (or their representative that help them get a good quote) would be greatly appreciated.
My 2022 Model S was with Costco Connect at $250/m, but they bumped the Cybertruck to $405/m "due to price of the vehicle", but it's only a few grand more than my Model S -_-*
Wow...that is an amazing variation. Have you tried Amica? In my experience, the best insurance company. I'm in a much different age bracket and married. With $250/500 coverage and $1M liability, our Rivian R1T Quad is $900/6 mo.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFWBrad

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
I was told the high rates were due to the high incidence of uninsured motorists in Texas but I sure think there would be a lot of them in Cali, too.
I would think Cali would be about the same, specially with more people.

Wow...that is an amazing variation. Have you tried Amica? In my experience, the best insurance company. I'm in a much different age bracket and married. With $250/500 coverage and $1M liability, our Rivian R1T Quad is $900/6 mo.
I haven't! But I'll check em out.