Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I like how the other guy has this foot on the edge trim because they know it probably cant hold 350+ lbs.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I know not everyone shares the same opinion, but I keep wanting to scream "less complex, less to break" from the rooftops. I'd rather have a non-powered trunk and actual door handles, simply because that would eliminate points of failure.
I want a manual tailgate because it is so easy and satisfying to shut the tailgate on a pickup. You can walk right up to it and it's at the perfect height to make it effortless.

But I'm completely stoked that the roll-top cover is motorized, that would be a pain in the ass to have to open and close due to its physical location on the roofline of the vehicle. The less you have to climb in/out of the truck bed, the better. Plus, it's just cool to park and have it already opening as you exit the vehicle or to close it without having to climb in the bed.

I think after the poorly designed roll-top by Rivian, and the ensuing fiasco, the Cybertruck development team made sure to engineer it for a long and trouble-free life. I'm looking forward to seeing this marvel in action!

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Very impressive, the roll-top had almost zero give with the Prime Minister walking right up the center of the roll-top. And he is not a small man! The angle the video was taken from is perfect for detecting bending. That vault cover is not just to keep prying eyes off your stuff.

I can see why the Cybertruck development team calls it "the vault".
Get the Tommy gun. This needs a proper test.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Lol I didn't say Australia was the best, definitely not now anymore, maybe once upon a time in a place far far away? Now it's just bureaucracy gone wild. Besides everyone knows we still have a way to go before we are "good enough" and can join as the 51st state. Who knows maybe next year tho? ;) :ROFLMAO:
No No No. Who's on first worst?

Maybe
The US becomes the 7th to 56th state of Australia ;)

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
You got my vote Thai PM. This is what I wanted someone to do for months.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Very impressive, the roll-top had almost zero give with the Prime Minister walking right up the center of the roll-top. And he is not a small man! The angle the video was taken from is perfect for detecting bending. That vault cover is not just to keep prying eyes off your stuff.

I can see why the Cybertruck development team calls it "the vault".
Wonder if it's 'MILLET PROOF'
After all, you wouldn't want 'grass' showing, l mean growing through!

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Prime Minister of Thailand visited Tesla's Fremont factory today and got to stand on the Cybertruck vault bed cover 😆

F-2iegUaQAALP5i.jpeg

F-2iegTa4AAu_xu.jpeg

F-2iegUasAAfxCj.jpeg

F-2iegVbIAAsDSV.jpeg
Feel more positive as they drive on the left and they love pickups.
Sponsored