RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Someone is definitely going to make a custom solar panel for that area to trickle charge
I preordered a Launch Edition Aperta with 400 miles range and an upgraded solar package that includes most of the dash covered in solar cells.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video added] Cybertruck black interior, dashboard, frunk tub (in bed) - while supercharging Screenshot_20230806_155444_Gallery

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Anyone else think the guy was taking a piss? Lol, glad to see a chair there at the end.

Joking aside, I cant help but cringe when I see the size of that windshield. Here in Arizona, you get a rock chip almost every time you get on the freeway. Been though multiple glass replacements on our Y and 3. That windshield cant be cheap. ..looks like I will have to just cut through the desert and avoid the freeways :)

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Anyone else think the guy was taking a piss? Lol, glad to see a chair there at the end.

Joking aside, I cant help but cringe when I see the size of that windshield. Here in Arizona, you get a rock chip almost every time you get on the freeway. Been though multiple glass replacements on our Y and 3. That windshield cant be cheap. ..looks like I will have to just cut through the desert and avoid the freeways :)
I know exactly what you mean. That AZ freeway system is brutal and merciless to windshields. 7 new cars in the last 2 years all drew 1st blood there.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

I know exactly what you mean. That AZ freeway system is brutal and merciless to windshields. 7 new cars in the last 2 years all drew 1st blood there.
Huh, when I lived in AZ, I got a crack from the weather flipping from snowy to warm and back. I thought it was just me, tho.

Also, the windshield is supposed to be far more durable than standard windshields. So there's that.

-Crissa

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Huh, when I lived in AZ, I got a crack from the weather flipping from snowy to warm and back. I thought it was just me, tho.

Also, the windshield is supposed to be far more durable than standard windshields. So there's that.

-Crissa
My buddy has a new Jeep Wrangler that has the optional factory installed Corning Gorilla Glass windshield. Even that didn't fare well under the unforgiving AZ fwy.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag

After my purchase of my Lexus I met the same fate on the 202, on the way from the dealership🫢. Was a big one. I yelled loudly at my windshield!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

The size of the windshield may be a benefit: The resulting shallow angle should reduce the force of impact a bit and statistically speaking reduce the number of cracked windows but as you said, those that do crack will make you pay dearly. If nothing else that BAW should scare away any flying rocks coming at you.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video added] Cybertruck black interior, dashboard, frunk tub (in bed) - while supercharging 1691375438675

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Haven't all the trucks so far had black interior? On that note, I really hope they offer white interior. It's one of my favorite things about my Y.
Is your preference for white just a color preference? Seems like every vehicle I've owned with a light colored interior has shown its age quickly from stains, and discoloration on the seats. I tend to prefer the dark colors because of that.

But potentially the white seats would not overheat from sun exposure? Any other benefits you experience from having the white interior? And do Tesla seats somehow magically keep themselves looking pristine?

Note: I currently have a 3-year old but I'm not talking about her kind of mess. I doubt anything will stand up to the antics of a 3-year old. I'm just talking day-to-day normal wear and tear.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Is your preference for white just a color preference? Seems like every vehicle I've owned with a light colored interior has shown its age quickly from stains, and discoloration on the seats. I tend to prefer the dark colors because of that.

But potentially the white seats would not overheat from sun exposure? Any other benefits you experience from having the white interior? And do Tesla seats somehow magically keep themselves looking pristine?

Note: I currently have a 3-year old but I'm not talking about her kind of mess. I doubt anything will stand up to the antics of a 3-year old. I'm just talking day-to-day normal wear and tear.
The Y is the first car I've owned with white interior and I think it looks nicer, so I decided to go for it after seeing how easily it can be cleaned. I have 3 kids (4, 6, 12) and have had no issues cleaning messes. Anything that a baby wipe can't get up, easily comes off with a horse hair brush.

I don't think there is any benefit other than subjective looks. The seats don't seem to get as hot as black interior but I don't know if that's because they're white or the material.

My car is less than a year old but I haven't noticed any stains or discoloration yet. The only issue is winkles or ripples on the side of the driver seat from getting in and out of the car, but not noticeable unless you're looking.