John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Everyone knows that this picture of a Tesla Power Wall that comes with a Tesla solar roof.

But, did you know Tesla is now a Virtual Power company in California, and that it buys and sells electricity to power companies at peak demand when power can sell for 10 times normal? The new kicker is that Tesla now has computer system that will seamlessly connect and uses the power from these Tesla power walls under contract with owners, paying them for the energy stored and used during peak demand.

So What! What has that to do with a CyberTruck? Well I will tell you.

Without even having a solar roof, a Cybertruck will be able to be wired into your home charging system or a charging station and be able to be connected to the Tesla Virtual Power Grid. I don’t know the financial agreement that Tesla will make to get access to your Cybertruck battery……..But I do know a Tri-motor 500 mile battery is 10 times larger that a single 13.5 kWh power wall. In some states Power Wall owners are making a couple of grand a year selling directly back to power companies during peak demand.

When you get you new Cybertruck it looks like you may also have a new source of income and be a member of what may end up being one of the largest power companies in the World.

Happy Days are here again.?

Tesla Cybertruck The Cyber Truck may pay for itself. BFACDBCB-22CD-4C2E-A7DB-BEFE128D0BAE
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Without even having a solar roof, a Cybertruck will be able to be wired into your home charging system or a charging station and be able to be connected to the Tesla Virtual Power Grid.
No other Tesla on the market has this capacity. Currently the inverters they use are 1-way and can only turn AC into DC to stuff into your battery.

They are going to have some kind of inverter onboard for providing AC power, but it's not clear if that will feed back through the charging cable or not. Even if it does, you are still going to need more switching equipment at the meter to enable any kind of V2G setup.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
And I would definitely be interested in getting it installed right next to the charger. Brilliant!

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
No other Tesla on the market has this capacity. Currently the inverters they use are 1-way and can only turn AC into DC to stuff into your battery.

They are going to have some kind of inverter onboard for providing AC power, but it's not clear if that will feed back through the charging cable or not. Even if it does, you are still going to need more switching equipment at the meter to enable any kind of V2G setup.
Telsa is doing it right now with the Power Walls. The battery system for the Tri Motor is a Power Wall times ten. Installing the control system or connection to a Power-wall in parallel onto a Cybertruck that is not even in production is not out of reach. In fact, I think Musk has already said this is the plan and that the power division of Tesla will be larger that the EV company.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I think that’s AMAZING!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Telsa is doing it right now with the Power Walls. The battery system for the Tri Motor is a Power Wall times ten. Installing the control system or connection to a Power-wall in parallel onto a Cybertruck that is not even in production is not out of reach. In fact, I think Musk has already said this is the plan and that the power division of Tesla will be larger that the EV company.
I hope this is the case. It would still need some expensive wiring at the meter to make it happen, but I would pay for the meter update if it let me use the truck as power during a black out.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Tesla Energy Software
I hope this is the case. It would still need some expensive wiring at the meter to make it happen, but I would pay for the meter update if it let me use the truck as power during a black out.

Tesla Energy Software
Tesla has developed an advanced ecosystem of software to support its energy hardware products. Drawing on over 15 years in battery performance technology, Tesla has tailored its software specifically for energy products and improved performance through management of gigawatts worth of sites operating in 50+ countries.

A common software platform powers the entire Tesla product ecosystem from Tesla’s largest storage product, Megapack, to virtual power plants made up of thousands of Powerwalls. Beyond energy storage, Tesla software also supports solar, vehicle charging and non-Tesla assets required for operating microgrids and utility-scale power plants.
Tesla’s suite of optimization software solutions, Autonomous Control, is composed of machine learning, forecasting, optimization and real-time control algorithms used for utility bill reduction, demand response participation, microgrid control and wholesale energy market bidding. Tesla Autonomous Control algorithms automate the dispatch of energy assets to maximize economic value. Autonomous Control products driving value to customers today include: Autobidder, Opticaster and Microgrid Controller. Tesla has also developed software to enable more renewable generation on the grid with features such as Virtual Machine Mode.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Bloomberg: Tesla wins huge California power grid contract

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I second that

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Damn. What a great day! Seriously, I’m feeling like I did when this whole cybertruckownersclub started☺
wow!
we have KICK ASS MEMBERS!
this is why I come back Again and
Again! It’s like my second family. Yea I said it. Hell, it’s true. Thank you CTOC members for making this amazingly interesting reading and good humor as well. I honestly think planning a meet would be awesome for the cybertruck community/members and for those interested, who want to Learn more about EV’s and technology.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I did a little searching. This web site does a great job explaining what I am trying to convey. After watching this, ask yourself if you think Tesla is going to ignore the power stored in a million Cybertrucks sitting plugged into a charging system during peak power demand. Well, maybe 500,000 sitting plugged into a charging system. Someone needs to work.?

Now You Know

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Without even having a solar roof, a Cybertruck will be able to be wired into your home charging system or a charging station and be able to be connected to the Tesla Virtual Power Grid.
What has led you to believe that? This little detail is critical to your whole thesis. Please put the link to or a quote from some credible source that shows us this is true.
Sponsored