Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
Waiting for VIN here in Maryland, finalized all steps up until providing insurance and making the downpayment.
Sponsored

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
For the question on the estimate or promise.

Tesla is making hay on thr fans and the ober enthusiastic early adopters(or adapters).

Regular auto makers sell from their inventories, hence the immediately available VINs. It's already there in their lot -- or in another nearby dealership.

Tesla produce by firm orders -- a most enviable situation for an auto maker.

First reel you in by cheap $100 reservation, the $1,000 to confirm you are still in and then hit you with a firm order on their most profitable edition telling you it's the rare FS -- and that's when they'll start producing based on your order.

And now we are happily hooked and also swallowed the sinker -- wifey's anger be damned. LOL!
Well said. lol

CyberJerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 performance, soon to be cybertruck also
Country flag
Waiting for VIN here in Maryland, finalized all steps up until providing insurance and making the downpayment.
When did you get invite email and when did you confirm the offer? Thx

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I plan on doing 3 range tests with the tri-motor, very controlled and repeatable routes on similar temperature days at 65, 75, and 85 mph.
Do you know what tire air pressure you will use? I haven't yet come across the recommended pressure, none of the people who have taken deliveries already seem to ever video the plaque inside the driver's doorjamb. At least not that I've seen. Just make sure you set it first thing in the morning, before the sun hits.

Also, tires on any axle with a differential should be set exactly the same, left to right, to prevent the differential gears from unnecessary action. I'm shocked at the number of people who think as long as are tires are within 2 psi or so all is good. That's not how it works!

Of course, for the type of test you will be running, the most important thing is that there is not much breeze, that's what will really play havoc with the relative differences between the numbers. While it's always a good idea to do round trips to minimize the effect of the wind, that doesn't correct for the effect of crosswinds or quartering winds, both will mess with the numbers.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Dang my outrageous spelling on iPhone: thr and ober, lol.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
When did you get invite email and when did you confirm the offer? Thx
Got the email on 28 December and confirmed that evening. 'Minute-one' preorder.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
Got the email on 28 December and confirmed that evening. 'Minute-one' preorder.
What's your RN and location? May help those on standby, waiting and looking at patterns.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Do you know what tire air pressure you will use? I haven't yet come across the recommended pressure, none of the people who have taken deliveries already seem to ever video the plaque inside the driver's doorjamb. At least not that I've seen. Just make sure you set it first thing in the morning, before the sun hits.

Also, tires on any axle with a differential should be set exactly the same, left to right, to prevent the differential gears from unnecessary action. I'm shocked at the number of people who think as long as are tires are within 2 psi or so all is good. That's not how it works!

Of course, for the type of test you will be running, the most important thing is that there is not much breeze, that's what will really play havoc with the relative differences between the numbers. While it's always a good idea to do round trips to minimize the effect of the wind, that doesn't correct for the effect of crosswinds or quartering winds, both will mess with the numbers.
Good point! I'll use whatever is in the door plaque, just to establish a base line.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
I have already paid my down payment for my beast. Order placed on dec 8th. Payment made about a week ago. No VIN yet
Do you mean you've paid in full?

If you did, then at least you can be assured your own unit is in assembly line or scheduled for production.

scottyah

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mountaineer
Country flag

50psi

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
Where's my December CT! Lol Dec 9th order said dec- feb
I am more optimistic than you yourself.

I think you will be well ahead of everyone else if you've done all the "paperworks" and all are in order (no rexords of criminal convictions, suspended driver's license, unpaid alimony...:p)

RN and state?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Sounds cool but Estimate delivery Jan to Mar is still an est. Tesla Estimate is more like when man lands on Mars. Not one non employee has received a vin or an email.
Just give them 2 weeks. :)
Sponsored